The Pat Tillman Foundation identifies remarkable veterans and military spouses as the next generation of leaders and helps them scale their impact as they enter their next chapter of service beyond self through academic scholarships, lifelong leadership development, and a global community of peers and supporters.
We currently seek a motivated Operations Coordinator to help us grow our team and shape our internal culture in order to serve 750+ Tillman Scholars making an impact in their communities and the world at large, as well as sharing our vision to grow a generation of leaders dedicated to leadership through action and service beyond self.
We understand that people gain skills through a variety of professional, personal, educational, and volunteer experiences. If you believe you have the skillset to succeed in this role, regardless of industry, we encourage you to apply.
Who You Are
- Highly Organized. You are a systems thinker who can manage multiple projects and prioritize appropriately to produce high-quality results quickly and on time. You create clear and logical systems and processes to support your work and that of your team.
- Detail-Oriented. You are highly efficient and detailed with administrative functions. You can use these tools to create impactful ways and means to operationalize organizational strategies.
- Well-spoken (and written). You are a clear, efficient, and effective communicator with exceptional oral, written, and customer service communication skills.
- Trustworthy. You understand that supporting a team will give you insights that others don’t have, and you respect the privacy required around sensitive human resources related activities.
- High Touch, high patience. You have an optimistic outlook on tasks and systems that may not always be the top priority for other departments but are critical to operational success.
- Motivating. You take pride in the work that you do, understand its connection to organizational success, and can motivate others to action.
What You’ll Do
The Operations Coordinator, HR will report to the Director of Operations and will serve in a support function for all PTF staff members to help maintain and build upon culture, hiring practices, and day-to-day HR operations. You will:
- Assist Director of Operations in support of maintenance of internal culture through policy development and execution
- Provide day-to-day HR support such as payroll submission and PTO/sick time questions from staff
- Help the Director of Operations in building out the growing team by conducting phone screens to determine culture and role fit
- Research new ideas for an evolving HR experience for all employees; from onboarding and benefits to employee recognition and engagement
- Serve as the internal customer service contact, in conjunction with the Director of Operations, for any and all HR related questions or concerns
- Guide daily operations of the foundation to include office management, ordering supplies, and providing general support to the Director of Operations as needed
- Serve as liaison to outside consultants and/or contractors as necessary
- Periodically participate in the planning and execution of special efforts and quarterly staff retreats to continue building a positive and inclusive work culture
- Support organization-wide activities, advancing the foundation’s mission and broadening support
Based in Chicago, the Pat Tillman Foundation is one of the Top 50 Nonprofits to Work for in the United States, according to the Nonprofit Times. We offer competitive salaries, comprehensive benefits, and a collaborative and welcoming environment where passionate and curious thinkers will thrive.
This position is based in Chicago and reports to the Director of Operations. Some travel required for PTF events. The Pat Tillman Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages applications from people of color, persons with disabilities, women, and LGBTQIA+, and other underrepresented applicants.