Uhnder has developed the world’s first automotive digital Radar on Chip (RoC). Sensors based on Uhnder’s Digitally Coded Modulation (DCM) technology achieve new and unprecedented levels of performance for advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS) and autonomous driving solutions. Founded in 2015, its main engineering operations center is in Austin, Texas, USA with design facilities in India and China. MulticoreWare is facilitating the Uhnder operations in India.
Using a combination of advanced CMOS and Digital Code Modulation (DCM) technology to deliver the industry’s first digital automotive Radar-On-Chip (ROC), Uhnder’s approach and technology is transforming the automotive industry by changing the way radars work with significant improvements in performance with the additional benefits of smaller size, lower power and cost.
As a Sensor Validation Engineer, you will join a team of industry experts spanning mixed-signal, RF, digital, systems, and software disciplines to ensure that our technology exceeds the rigorous demands of the automotive and next-generation mobility markets. The candidate must be an excellent team player, self-motivated, and able to work with cross-functional teams across multiple geographies.
• Developing validation solutions for radar sensors, which includes identifying and defining requirements for test hardware necessary to validate sensors and test new features (mechanical platforms, test equipment, etc.)
• Debugging test setups including issues with test PCBs, software, firmware, andtest equipment
• Writing tests to exercise and validate various areas/functionality of a sensor for bring-up, testing, and debugging
• Interfacing with the Hardware, Applications, and Software Teams to confirm expectations and understanding of chip operation and ensure validation requirements are met
• Creating documentation such as test plans, test reports, how-to guides, and best practices
• Participating in design reviews and driving DFM and DFT requirements
Job Requirements and Qualifications
• B.E/B.Tech/M.E/M.Tech with at least 2 years of experience in system validation or a similar role
• Ability to interpret PCB schematics and layouts
• Strong hardware debugging skills
• Experience with high-speed I/O (DDR4, RGMII, etc) and DC/DC power supplies
• Experience with testing of radar systems is preferred
• Experience with standard lab equipment (power supplies, oscilloscopes, signal generators, etc.)
• Strong C/C++ and Python programming skills
• Understanding of silicon design fundamentals
• Strong MS Excel skills
• Strong statistical analysis skills
• Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
• Proactive communication with, and support for, cross functional teams such as Design, Operations, Applications, and Software, both locally and in remote design centers.