Please note - While our corporate address is in Raleigh, all positions at Lightforge Games are remote
Lightforge Games is looking for a Lead Animator!
We need an animator who can lead our game’s animation efforts – from designing an animation style to developing our asset plan to directing external animators. And of course, directly animating characters!
We want our game to have a fun animation style, and we recognize that dances and emotes add more than just personality to a game – they’re a great way for players to express themselves.
As one of our first hires, you’ll play a huge role in setting the direction of our project and company. We’re looking for an animator with proven experience who can grow with the company.
- Develop our animation style from scratch, establishing the quality bar for all internally and externally created assets.
- Work with the Art Director, Technical Artist, and Lead 3D Artist to develop and maintain the animation and VFX pipeline.
- Work with the Art Director to review outsourced animations. Provide edits, paint overs, or mockups, accompanied by easily understood and concisely written feedback.
- Directly animate characters with the ability to add the last bit of polish to any internally and externally sourced animations that are not quite hitting our quality standards.
- Determine required assets and parameters necessary to meet the game’s vision.
- Contribute to the company direction and values.
- Experience with UE4 animation and rigging systems.
- Proven experience as an animator on a major video game.
- Expert knowledge and skill animating the bipedal figure, accompanied by an imagination to animate fictional creatures and characters.
- Strong understanding of animating the body and facial features to show a character’s emotions and attitudes.
- A strong passion for player self-expression through animations.
- Masterful written and verbal communication skills that will help guide internal and external teammates to achieve our animation and VFX quality standards.
- Ability to work with common facial animation systems.
- Self-motivated and proactive with the ability to work remotely while collaborating with a team.
- Experience creating VFX
- 2D animation skills
- Experience working on live-service games
*Lightforge Games is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate and welcome diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment.*