Primergy Solar is focused exclusively on acquiring, developing, and owning solar, and solar + storage, and stand-alone energy storage assets in the North American market. Primergy is wholly owned by Quinbrook Infrastructure Partners – a $1.6 billion private equity fund specializing in investing in renewable energy.
Primergy is growing our small, experienced team to manage the significant growth in our business. We offer a fun, entrepreneurial culture, competitive compensation, and the opportunity to work with an experienced, achievement-oriented team.
Role and Responsibilities
The Commercial Strategy/M&A Analyst will play an integral role in Primergy’s significant growth by supporting the Development/M&A teams’ strategic decision making. The successful candidate will have experience and interest in the energy industry, specifically in North America energy infrastructure development, previous modeling experience, the ability to effectively communicate complex ideas, and the ability and enthusiasm to drive projects forward.
· Maintain financial models to support both acquisitions and energy offtake proposals.
· Maintain responsibility for the accuracy and correct incorporation of relevant inputs to such models.
· Gather and prepare model inputs by coordinating closely with the renewable development teams or third-party developers.
· Identify main project economic and financial risks and advise on the appropriate mitigation factors and definition of appropriate contingencies.
· Propose and implement relevant sensitivity analysis.
· Support contract negotiations and project acquisitions by providing quantitative and qualitative research and support.
· Develop, analyze, evaluate and recommend commercial offtake options and proposals as they relate to a business development project.
Education and Experience requirements
· Requires an undergraduate degree.
· 2+ years of relevant renewable energy development experience.
· Experience with and understanding of project development.
· Solar development and energy storage development experience is preferred.
· Experience building financial models (specifically power generation and tax equity)
· Unparalleled honesty and integrity.
Primergy Solar is an equal opportunity employer and committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. We welcome all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status.