Job Summary |
The Content Marketing Specialist position carries significant importance and responsibility for the future growth of Aperture Education. The Content Specialist is on the forefront of penetrating our target prospect base and is responsible for the execution of content through channels like email, social media, white papers, and website copy while thinking about SEO and SEM.
The Ideal Candidate |
The best candidates are self-motivated individuals with the ability to think on their feet, crave the satisfaction of exceeding goals, and who are looking to join an agile group of mission-oriented leaders. Experience in Marketing or in the K-12 education space is required.
About Aperture Education |
Aperture Education specializes in social and emotional learning (SEL) solutions. Our flagship product, the DESSA Comprehensive SEL System, allows educators and parents to measure and teach social and emotional skills for youth in grades K-12 both in school and in out-of-school settings.
· Write and create engaging content on a constant basis.
· Edit, proofread and improve content with excellent grammar and spelling.
· Optimize content considering SEO.
· Manage content distribution to online channels and social media platforms.
· Plan, write, and send mass emails to prospects, partners and stakeholders.
· Analyze web traffic and engagement metrics.
· Organize and participate in marketing events (virtual and in-person, someday).
· Cultivate relationships with customers, potential customers, and industry professionals.
· Create & Manage our Content Calendar for Strategy & Trend Analysis, Ability to make recommendations based on trends for future content.
· Manage large marketing pushes with digital publications and webinars.
Required Abilities |
· Excellent writing skills for things like emails, white papers, case studies, scripts and social media.
· Project management skills and attention to detail.
· Good organizational and time-management skills.
· K12 education sector experience, SEL experience preferred.
Education & Experience |
· Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, business, English or similar
· Minimum of one (2) year experience in content writing or marketing.
· Working knowledge of CRM, HubSpot preferred.
· Understanding of content segmentation tactics, SEO, and web traffic metric.
Work Environment |
· Work is regularly performed in a professional office environment and routinely uses standard office equipment.
· This job requires occasional travel 0-10%.
· Charlotte Metro Area or Remote
We Are an Equal Opportunity Employer | Aperture Education does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Aperture Education, in compliance with the Drug-Free Workplace Act of 1988 provides a drug-free workplace for all employees