Job Summary |
The role of the Software Engineer is to build high-quality, innovative, and fully performing software that complies with coding standards and technical design. This role will be mentored by and report directly to our VP of Engineering.
The Ideal Candidate |
We are looking for a passionate Software Engineer to design, develop and release our new social and emotional learning (SEL) assessment delivery and results platform. This member will be a part of a small but nimble development team with extensive engineering experience at top tier technology companies.
About Aperture Education |
Aperture Education specializes in social and emotional learning (SEL) solutions. Our flagship product, the DESSA Comprehensive SEL System, allows educators and parents to measure and teach social and emotional skills for youth in grades K-12 both in school and in out-of-school settings.
· Develop and release software solutions.
· Determine operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development, and proposed solutions.
· Document and demonstrate solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code.
· Prepare and release solutions by determining and designing system specifications, standards, and programming.
· Test software development methodology in an agile environment.
Education & Experience |
· No education requirement
· Minimum of four (4) years’ experience developing software products
· Experience with Scrum/Agile development methodologies
Desired Technologies Experience |
· PostgreSQL/MSSQL/Relational Databases
· Cloud experience (AWS, Azure, GCP)
· HTML / CSS
Work Environment |
· Work can either be performed remotely (w/ daily Zoom calls) or in-person
· Work is regularly performed in a professional office environment and routinely uses standard office equipment.
· This job requires occasional travel to our home office (0-5%) for team bonding events
· Charlotte Metro area or Remote
We Are an Equal Opportunity Employer | Aperture Education does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Aperture Education, in compliance with the Drug-Free Workplace Act of 1988 provides a drug-free workplace for all employees