Job Summary |
The SEL Strategy Developer will be part of our Research and Development team and will be responsible for authoring SEL lessons and strategies for both students (K-12) and adults in school and out-of-school-time (OST) settings. We are looking for a colleague who has a strong background in SEL including experience developing strategies for children and adults. Aperture values strategies that are research-based, accessible, promote equity, and represent sound pedagogy and andragogy.
The Ideal Candidate |
You will have experience with SEL, including developing SEL strategies or curricula. You will have strong knowledge of best practices in SEL and strategy development. You will have classroom or OST teaching experience.
About Aperture Education |
Aperture Education specializes in social and emotional learning (SEL) solutions. Our flagship product, the DESSA Comprehensive SEL System, allows educators and parents to measure and teach social and emotional skills for youth in grades K-12 both in school and in out-of-school settings.
· Author strategies to accompany the Devereux Student Strengths Assessment (DESSA), a measure of social and emotional competence of students in grades K-12.
· Author strategies at all three tiers of an MTSS approach (universal, small group, individual).
· Author strategies to accompany an adult social-emotional competence assessment (EdSERT).
· Ensure that lessons and strategies promoted by Aperture Education are research-based, practical, and reflect sound pedagogy and andragogy.
· Coordinate and collaborate with other strategy authors and SEL program partners.
· Supervise independent contractors involved in developing strategies, as needed.
· Engage in efforts to continuously improve Aperture Education’s SEL strategies.
· Participate in the development of new Aperture Education programs as indicated including authoring or co-authoring grants and RFPs.
· Provide training to Aperture clients as indicated in the use of Aperture's SEL resources and programs.
Required Abilities |
· Ability to be self-directed and efficiently manage tasks and time to achieve goals.
· Passion for SEL and a curiosity and willingness to learn
· Strong verbal and written skills
Education & Experience |
· Master’s degree in education, educational psychology, or a related field.
· Minimum of (3-5) years’ experience in developing strategies or curricula
· Strong knowledge of SEL
· Strong knowledge of best practices and sound pedagogy/andragogy in developing strategies
· Familiarity with applied research principles and practices
· Experience as a teacher or out-of-school-time professional
Work Environment |
· Work can either be performed remotely (w/ daily Zoom calls) or in-person at our main office
· This job requires occasional travel to our home office (0-5%) for team bonding events
· Charlotte or Philadelphia Metro Areas or Remote
We Are an Equal Opportunity Employer | Aperture Education does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Aperture Education, in compliance with the Drug-Free Workplace Act of 1988 provides a drug-free workplace for all employees