About Communities In Schools:
At Communities In Schools, we are “all-in” for kids. It is our passion—it is our mission. At the National Office, we collaborate with local affiliate organizations, to provide resources and create communities of caring adults who work hand-in-hand with educators to make sure young people have the tools they need to stay in school and achieve in life. We are the nation’s largest dropout prevention organization, serving 1.5 million students in 2,400 sites across the country. We achieve this mission by hiring bright, creative, and innovative team members who have a passion for what we do.
At CIS we are committed to cultivating an engaged culture where all are recognized and valued for their contributions. We intentionally build experiences, provide space for individual and group voices across multiple dimensions. We also hold the following talent beliefs:
· Every staff member is passionate and committed to our mission. Our work is grounded in the success of our students.
· Our decisions and priorities are guided by how we can fulfill our mission and serve kids with quality.
· As a National Office, we have a duty to live our values and integrate principles of diversity, equity, and inclusion across our organization and lead by example.
In turn, we are committed to continuously improving decision making, incentivizing creativity, and building engagement. We do this by building a diverse workforce, fostering a climate of inclusion and shaping business practices and policies that promote equity.
About the Role:
The Manager, Digital Fundraising will implement a strategic online engagement and fundraising plan to most effectively acquire, convert, and retain constituents through digital channels. Working collaboratively with Marketing, Communications, and Growth and Development teams, the Manager, Digital Fundraising will ensure campaigns are integrated across all digital channels and optimized to convert email, website, and paid ad audiences to financial supporters. Work includes running day-to-day operations for a 65k constituent engagement operation, 3+ campaigns a year, monthly donor acquisition and maintenance, and all front-line fundraising. *The position is based in Arlington, VA, or remotely.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Required skills & qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Two to four years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Experience with digital tools, processes, and techniques for fundraising, donor development, advocacy campaigns, list building, and social networking.
- Proficiency in the MS Office suite required;
- Experience with fundraising CRMs required.
- Strong writing and presentation skills.
- Strong analytical, planning, time management, and organizational skills required.
Preferred knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Understanding of best practices for website optimization, multivariate testing, search engine marketing, and social media advertising.
- Salesforce and Salesforce Marketing Cloud experience preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships at all levels of an organization and work successfully with them.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written)
- An ability to manage multifaceted projects and a capacity to perform independently in a fluid multi-tasking environment are essential.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
30% - Develop and execute annual fundraising plans to acquire, reinstate, retain, and cultivate donors through online direct response channels including email, website, and paid ad investments.
30% - Manage all aspects of online giving campaigns including the creative process from copywriting and design to internal review and analysis.
15% - Collaborate with Marketing & Communications team members to develop creative homepage and website content that promotes giving and deepens engagement with Communities In Schools' work.
5% - Collaborate with the Growth and Development team to identify opportunities for match donations.
15% - Collaborate with the Manager, Network Communications to design landing and web page optimization and online testing plans to improve performance and increase revenue.
5% - Strive to innovate; research and make recommendations on new fundraising technologies and techniques to increase online giving.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
TRAVEL: Minimal travel required.
What we offer:
· Work that makes a difference—the opportunity to contribute to an important mission.
· A culture recognized by the Non-Profit Times as the #1 Non-Profit Best Place to Work in the United States.
· Competitive and comprehensive compensation and benefits package.
· Generous paid time off benefits.
· Commuter subsidy benefits.
Communities In Schools is committed to a workforce that is representative of the varied communities we are privileged to serve. We provide a work environment that does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, genetic information or any other basis protected by applicable law. Communities In Schools prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories