908 Devices Inc. has developed an innovative suite of purpose-built handheld and desktop mass spectrometry, or Mass Spec, devices for the point-of-need. Leveraging our proprietary platform technology, we make the extraordinary analytical power of Mass Spec available in devices that are significantly smaller and more accessible than conventional laboratory instruments. Our Mass Spec devices are used at the point-of-need to interrogate unknown and invisible materials and provide quick, actionable answers to directly address some of the most critical problems in life sciences research, bioprocessing, industrial biotech, forensics and adjacent markets.
908 Devices Inc. is headquartered on the Boston waterfront in the Innovation District, with other facilities in the Bay Area and Chapel Hill in North Carolina.
The Finance Systems Lead is responsible for supporting projects and enhancements across the Finance Systems portfolio with a focus on our NetSuite enterprise resource planning system. Examples include new system and application implementations, enhancements to existing applications, data analysis, enhanced reporting and process improvement. Support the team with documentation, requirements analysis, testing and implementations to help solve and automate complex business challenges. This role will focus on supporting Finance systems and processes for Finance and act as a liaison between Finance and the broader organization, including third party IT services. This role will work closely with stakeholders and business relationship managers across the entire company.
- Lead the development of the vision for processes, systems, and tools that span the function. These processes have a significant impact on the productivity of all employees (e.g. finance, procurement, manufacturing, R&D processes, etc.)
- Develop the strategy to achieve our vision for process, systems, & tools
- Develop & implement the multi-year roadmap to achieve our process & systems strategy
- Identify, evaluate, and own the implementation of transformative processes leveraging digital, automation, and emerging technology
- Document the current state (process & technologies); achieve alignment on the future state (processes & technologies); develop a multi-year roadmap to get us from current state to future state; manage the journey
- Question business processes with a mindset to eliminate, optimize, and automate if appropriate
- Develop business cases for implementing new technology / systems
- Partner with a wide variety of internal stakeholders. Establish deep effective partnerships with senior leadership and business partners
- Responsible for training people on new processes and/or new technology. Function as the champion / advocate for the new processes / new technology
- Create a culture of compliance
internally and externally
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; ability to provide improvements to current manual or complex processes and solutions
- Experience in user support and documentation including requirements writing, data analysis, coordinating and executing user testing
- Familiarity with documenting current and future processes
- Strong verbal and written communication skills working with users and developers
- Proficiency with NetSuite (required), Microsoft
Office (required), and experience with solutions such as salesforce.com,
Arena and Jira (preferred, not required)
Bachelor’s or equivalent technical degree with a minimum 5 years of experience in Finance Systems administration