908 Devices Inc. is democratizing chemical analysis by way of mass spectrometry. We make products ranging from rugged, handheld chemical detection tools to compact, tiny footprint analyzers and fast separation devices.
Founded by a seasoned team with demonstrated successes in delivering breakthrough miniature analytical tools to the market, and backed by top tier venture capital and government collaborators, we are looking to welcome more high-talent contributors to our team. You’ll have the opportunity for spirited collaboration and growth with a company at the forefront of the field. Our facility is located in the beautiful and thriving Boston Innovation district.
We are looking for an experienced Sales Administrator to manage the day-to-day activities of a dynamic sales organization. Reporting to the VP of Government Sales, the Sales Administrator will support the Government sales, applications and training teams as it pertains to the administration and support of Government business across all segments.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the effective administration, facilitation and execution of sales related activities, including quotations, order processing, training coordination, post-sales follow-up, logistical support, contract administration and market outreach to help ensure the Government sales team meets established goals.
· Providing administrative support of Government sales activities, including creating pricing quotations, processing orders, maintaining sales records and other related tasks.
· In coordination with segment managers, establishing and executing an effective post-sale follow up strategy.
· Managing and maintaining the training schedule and related logistical support.
· In coordination with other departments, administering and/or coordinating the demonstration equipment pool.
· Frequent contact with customers by phone and electronically to answer questions and obtain information.
· Maintaining and updating sales and customer records.
· Compiling sales and training related data and issuing reports.
· Maintaining up-to-date knowledge on all products and services.
· Liaising with other departments on behalf of the Government Sales team.
Skills and Experience
· 5 plus years of sales administration and support
· 3 plus years key account sales support
· Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
· Demonstrated ability to coordinate and implement sales and business support across multiple lines of business
· Exceptional interpersonal and customer service skills
· Excellent presentation, administration & overall communication skills essential
· Government business experience desired
· Project related business experience desired
· Analytical detection experience or other industry related experience, a plus
· Experience working with and supporting a distribution network is desired
· Demonstrated ability to work within larger organizational objectives
literacy in MS Windows, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and CRM (preferably SFDC)
There is a strong preference for this position to be located at our Boston headquarters, however we will consider remote candidates.