About Communities In Schools:
At Communities In Schools, we are “all-in” for kids. It is our passion—it is our mission. At the National Office, we collaborate with local affiliate organizations, to provide resources and create communities of caring adults who work hand-in-hand with educators to make sure young people have the tools they need to stay in school and achieve in life. We are the nation’s largest dropout prevention organization, serving 1.5 million students in 2,400 sites across the country. We achieve this mission by hiring bright, creative, and innovative team members who have a passion for what we do.
About the Role:
Under general supervision of the Director, Technical Operations, the Salesforce Project Manager will work as part of the team dedicated to ensuring that the organization maximizes efficiency and capitalizes on the full features and benefits of the Salesforce system based on the all user group needs. The position will serve as the primary point of contact for users, and through training and stakeholder engagement, promote system adoption. Furthermore, the Salesforce Project Manager oversees the Salesforce system maintenance (i.e. staying current on new releases and AppExchange solutions), integrated applications, collaborate with Salesforce vendors and consultants, and provides reporting and data management support and strategies.
Create and Manage Changes to the System – 40%
- Effectively engage stakeholders by proactively gathering user requirements and feedback to enhance the Salesforce user experience.
- Support the change management process by communicating system upgrades, enhancements, etc. to assist users in advance of implementation. Communicate regularly with user base regarding new features, enhancements and changes to the system.
- Manage all processes that impact / relate to Salesforce.com. to include: implementation of new releases –Create and maintain fields, views, reports, dashboards, campaigns and other salesforce.com objects and functions.
- Handle on-going customization/ alteration of Salesforce.com.
- Maintain, enhance and create workflows, functions and configurations within the Salesforce.com environment.
- Create new reporting capabilities and respond to ad hoc reporting requests as needed.
- Manage external Salesforce vendors and consultants.
- Test all changes in the Sandbox environment, determine risk of deployment, and create rollback plans.
User Assistance, Training, Adoption and Satisfaction – 20%
- Create and administer training to existing or new users/groups.
- Provide one to one training to end users on an on-going basis.
- Expand use of Salesforce.com – attend planning meetings, assist with determining ways to maximize the usage of Salesforce to enhance business operation efficiencies. Assist the Business Development function to create processes in salesforce.com to help monitor activities, trends, sales and leads.
- Communicate regularly with user base regarding new features, enhancements and changes to the system.
- Monitor usage and mentor users/groups needing assistance.
- Continually seek ways to further enhance the end-user experience.
Maintain System, Security and Integrity – 10%
- Map salesforce.com hierarchy and sales territories in response to personnel changes.
- Reassign accounts, contacts, and opportunities in response to personnel changes.
- Grant, remove, and maintain user licenses.
- Maintain security including the management of sharing rules and assignment of security levels.
- Design, create and maintain user roles, profiles and hierarchies.
- Monitor application storage usage and archive data as needed.
Process Creation, Documentation and Maintenance – 10%
- Document company processes and workflows.
- Develop process documentation and field maps.
- Create new processes and associated reporting.
Data Quality, Migration and Maintenance – 10%
- Assist with migration from older systems/processes into Salesforce.com.
- Monitor neglected leads, opportunities, accounts, and contacts as appropriate.
- Import data as appropriate.
- Monitor and manage exception logs for back end system integration.
- Manage duplicate records.
- Monitor and improve data quality.
- Ensure data integrity by merging duplicate leads, contacts, and accounts; performing mass uploads and updates of data as required; removing unnecessary fields and data; ensuring screens, fields and workflow have accurate names and reflect current workflow.
Report, Form, and
Dashboard Creation and Maintenance – 10%
- Create and maintain dashboards.
- Create and maintain forms (Causeview Impact and Form Assembly)
- Create and maintain reports including folder maintenance.
- Build and manage report folders for reps to improve sales efficiency.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Information Technology, Communication or other related fields.
- Minimum 3 years of Salesforce administration experience. (required)
- Salesforce Administrator certification. (required)
- Excellent technical and communication skills.
- In-depth knowledge of the standard capabilities of Salesforce and have successfully expanded on those capabilities using custom code (Apex, s-controls) and/or integration with external systems.
- Demonstrated expertise in using standard reporting tools including standard salesforce.com reporting functionality.
- Detail oriented and self-starter with strong written and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team.
- Demonstrated expertise in using standard form creation tools
- Demonstrated ability to proactively collaborate with others to accomplish organizational business needs.
- Computer literate and proficient in standard office applications Word, Excel, and Outlook (knowledge, skills, and abilities).
to interface directly with internal stakeholders understanding their needs to
administer and enhance the system accordingly.
- Experience with form creation tools (Causeview Impact and/or Form Assembly a plus)
- Experience with Salesforce Marketing Cloud a plus but not required.
- Experience of AMS systems a plus but not required.
- Experience of donor management systems a plus but not required.
Management certifications such as PMP a plus but not required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit; use hands to fingers, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or be able to move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
What We Offer:
- Work that makes a difference—the opportunity to contribute to an important mission.
- A culture recognized by the Non-Profit Times as the #1 Non-Profit Best Place to Work in the United States.
- Competitive and comprehensive compensation and benefits package.
- Generous paid time off benefits.
- Commuter subsidy benefits.
Communities In Schools is committed to a workforce that is representative of the varied communities we are privileged to serve. We provide a work environment that does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, genetic information or any other basis protected by applicable law. Communities In Schools prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.