Excel Sports Management is a full-service management and marketing agency that represents iconic athletes, talent and brands.
Excel Sports Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
Excel is seeking a Director of Business Intelligence to lead the end-to-end execution of the commercialization phase for all sports & entertainment properties that require and hire ESM to perform such services. This individual will serve as both an internal project manager and client-facing expert on how properties can competitively build and maximize their commercial revenue departments.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
· Serves as the internal project management lead and external account management lead;
· Client-facing responsibilities include, but are not limited to, status calls, property site visits, final project presentations, etc.;
· Using both internal and third-party resources, conducts in-depth valuation studies on behalf of commercialization clients for projects such as naming rights, jersey sponsorships, entitlement opportunities, etc.;
· Executes proper assignment of tangible (media value, impressions, social metrics, etc.) and intangible values to assets;
· Develops & manages relationships with key third-party valuation companies such as Nielsen/Repucom, GumGum, SRI, etc.;
· Strategizes creative property positioning, new platform development and asset bundling techniques;
· Identifies qualified leads (companies and brands) to approach regarding marquee partnership asset(s) Excel has been retained to sell on behalf of our clients;
· Creates document templates, thorough reports, workflow processes, and project deliverables for each phase of the commercialization process;
· Collaborates with our Marketing Solutions, Creative Solutions, Sales and Consulting departments to develop the most compelling work product;
· Produces business development pitches in partnership with Director of Marketing Solutions and respective sales lead(s);
· Schedules and executes calls and face to face meetings with prospective partners;
· Presents, negotiates and closes commercialization business;
· Supports other divisions with valuable data and analytical insights, including talent (primarily basketball, baseball, golf and football) and brands for whom Excel directly represents in a consulting capacity;
· Continuously networks and builds relationships with high-level decision makers at major corporations, teams, leagues, venues, and governing bodies;
· All other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience:
· Bachelor’s Degree required;
· Minimum 5 years of direct, relevant work experience;
· Education or experience in imperative disciplines such as economics, finance, accounting, statistics, revenue projection modeling, etc.;
· Proven track record as a project management lead in both an internal and client-facing capacity.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Must command a deep understanding of specific sports or entertainment trends to be leveraged for commercialization clients’ competitive advantage;
· Must be a strong analytical and creative thinker who can solve problems and tell an actionable story from the numbers;
· Must be extremely proficient in the Microsoft Office suite, particularly Excel;
· Must possess excellent presentation, written and verbal communication skills;
· Must possess self-confidence in creative idea generation;
· Must remain consistently up-to-date on relevant sports and entertainment industry news and trends;
· Must be highly responsive and accessible;
· Must be able to work both collaboratively as well as autonomously;
· Must be willing and able to travel as needed;
· Must be results and bottom-line oriented, yet will possess sensitivity towards people and values;
· Must have the ability to demonstrate uncompromised judgment and discretion regarding interpersonal relationships.
This position is not eligible for sponsorship.
Excel Sports Management provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, leaves of absence, compensation and training.