San Francisco Project Manager
Downtown Streets Team
(applicants will not be considered without a cover letter)
Downtown Streets Team strives to end homelessness by enabling un-housed people to restore their dignity and rebuild their lives. Team members prepare for permanent employment and housing by participating on work teams that serve their local communities.
Downtown Streets Team is seeking a full-time Project Manager to supervise the San Francisco work experience program. This position will report directly to the San Francisco Regional Director.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The following duties and responsibilities reflect management’s assessment of essential functions for the San Francisco Project Manager position. These do not restrict the tasks that may be assigned, and management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
· Manage a large work experience Team of unhoused individuals (project specific details below).
· Manage San Francisco supportive service staff.
· Utilize “Ladder of Success” and peer-to-peer model to ensure that the Team runs smoothly without staff presence.
· Facilitate a weekly team meeting, in which participants are paid in vouchers, contracts are discussed, new team members are added, news/procedure change/job positions are discussed, and more.
· Act as the face to the greater community; representing the team to all existing and potential partners including local government agencies, other social service providers, community-based groups, private business, and other stakeholders.
· Research and apply for new partnerships and funding opportunities.
· Communicate DST model and message to potential donors, partners, and interested parties.
· Maintain a regular reporting system for impact figures, funding cycles, and regular finances.
· Effectively track and report project data to contractor and general public.
· Maintain regular communication with other staff regarding team goals, potential partnerships, projects, and new ideas.
· Maintain existing work experience contracts and generate new sources of revenue to increase team, scope of work, sustainability, and staff resources.
· Work closely with Case Manager(s) and Employment Specialist(s) to achieve the goals of Team Members and other clients.
· Attend all meetings relevant to client care and company goals, including some nights and weekends.
· Help facilitate volunteer and public education opportunities.
· Maintain and adhere to a project voucher budget.
· Purchase supplies and vouchers for Team Members.
· Work to effectively problem solve at contract sites in the interest of maintaining contracts.
· Motivate and graduate Team Members into employment and housing.
· Maintain Team culture and accountability by working through issues in a respectful, compassionate, yet firm manner.
· Engage business community through Business Improvement District(s), Chamber of Commerce, and other organizations and events.
· Constantly evaluate, refine, and create programs to improve service delivery.
· Establish productive relationships with each and every client with no bias or prejudice towards race, religion, age, sex, disability, or sexual preference.
Role Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
· Manage budget of up to $1,000,000.
· Manage a work experience team of at least 40 Team Members on about three contracts, which operate at various times, up to seven days a week.
· Fundraise for year two and three budget.
· A bachelor’s degree in the field of Social Sciences, English, or Public Affairs and Law (preferred) or two years relevant experience.
· Proficiency in Spanish is a plus
· Basic competence in duties and tasks of supervised employees.
· Working knowledge of data collection, data analysis, evaluation, and scientific method.
· Ability to work with all levels of management.
· Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills; able to manage priorities and workflow.
· Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
· Proven leadership and business acumen skills
· Demonstrated ability to supervise and motivate subordinates.
· Commitment to excellence and high standards.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Proficient in Microsoft programs
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to do the following:
· With or without reasonable accommodation(s), the essential functions of this position requires certain physical and mental abilities. These abilities include, but are not limited to: sitting, standing, walking, bending, stooping, pushing, pulling, lifting (up to 25 lbs.), typing, writing (in English), reading (English), speaking (English), seeing, hearing, driving, basic mathematical calculations, problem solving, reasoning, composition, and decision-making.
· Moderate noise associated with an open office work environment.
· Significant local travel to monitor the team, attend meetings, etc.
Salaried, fully paid medical/Dental/Vision coverage, dependent flexible spending available, optional 401K plan after 12 months, company paid life, gym membership and generous PTO.