As part of ProZyme’s Quality Team, the QC Associate uses
professional concepts, analytical ability, and company policies and
procedures to solve a wide range of difficult problems in imaginative and
practical ways. Functions within the Quality System which is certified to
· Performs testing and lab maintenance, including product release testing, stability testing and other testing as requested.
· Reviews procedures and methods.
· Prepares related documents (Certificates of Analysis, labels).
· Conducts daily operations in the laboratory: updating control charts, equipment logbooks and equipment calibration where applicable.
· Completes appropriate documentation to support testing procedures including data capture forms, equipment logbooks, electronic systems, reports and inventory forms.
· Investigates and documents out-of-specification results and deviations within established time frames.
· Applies knowledge of good manufacturing and laboratory practices on a daily basis.
· Investigates customer complaints and other non conformances as assigned, using quality tools and various data sources in order to determine causes of quality issues.
· BS/BA degree in Life Science or equivalent
· 1-4 years of experience in a life science environment
· Quality systems knowledge, including experience in a regulated environment is an advantage (GMP, GLP, ISO 9001, ISO 17025 and/or QSR)
· Working knowledge of analytical instrumentation such as HPLC/UPLC, fluorescence, and UV/VIS as well as statistical tools for data analysis
· Strong oral and written communication skills
· Excellent laboratory skills including attention to detail required
· Good organization skills
· Critical thinking and attention to detail
· Ability to multitask and produce quality results under tight timelines with sound documentation
· Ability to work with other departments to effectively perform testing and to release quality products within schedule
· Excellent communication and team working skills, both within the Quality Team and within cross-functional teams
· Ability to use word processing and spreadsheet programs
ProZyme, Inc. was founded in 1990 with a vision of establishing a high-quality, value-added and customer-driven biochemical reagent company. We are proud, 25 years on, to continue to provide the highest level of products, services and support to our customers at large and small biotechnology, biopharmaceutical and academic institutions across the globe. ProZyme's flagship product line is our glycobiology portfolio, alongside streptavidin, phycobiliprotein and conjugate offerings. Our range of glycoanalysis products was enhanced in 2003 with the purchase of Glyko, Inc., including the biochemical reagent line of Oxford GlycoSciences (OGS). ProZyme has maintained a commitment to invest in, develop, release and support products in the exciting and rapidly-expanding area of glycobiology.
ProZyme's scientists are also able to perform custom analytical services, and we welcome the opportunity to collaborate with our customers.
To learn more about us and apply for this job, please visit, www.prozyme.com and click on Careers.