Cloud Solutions Architect – (REMOTE)
Buurst®, Inc. is the leading provider of software-defined NAS solutions for the cloud and protects mission-critical data for customers on AWS and Microsoft Azure. Buurst gives its customers the enterprise-class data security, protection, and performance required to operate mission critical applications and VDI workloads safely, predictably, and reliably. Buurst believes in providing data performance in the cloud without charging customers an annual storage tax. Buurst is currently sold through a global partner channel including both the Microsoft Azure and AWS marketplaces in over 39 countries worldwide. Buurst’s SoftNAS solutions empowers companies to help their employees “work from anywhere” (WFA) which is critical in post Covid-19 world. Buurst also has patented technology around cross zone failover from multiple AWS or Azure regions and “hybrid” cloud support for customers who run on both AWS and Azure. We help customers who require data performance with optimal control, security, and the ability to quickly migrate legacy applications to the cloud all while helping them reduce their OPEX costs.
With your unique balance of technical depth and strong interpersonal skills, you will work with Buurst resellers, the Buurst channel sales team, and various teams across the organization to craft highly scalable, flexible and resilient cloud data performance solutions that address customer business problems. You will collaborate with the channel sales team and resellers in your assigned region to drive revenue growth across a broad set of customers. As a trusted customer and partner advocate, the Cloud Solutions Architect will help these organizations understand best practices around advanced cloud solutions in Microsoft Azure and AWS specifically how to migrate their existing workloads to the public cloud. You will have the opportunity to help shape and execute a strategy to build mindshare and broad use of Buurst within your assigned region.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
· In partnership with the channel sales team, formulate and execute a sales strategy to exceed revenue objectives through the adoption of Buurst solutions
· Educate customers and partners of all sizes on the value proposition of Buurst, and participate in deep architectural discussions to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment in the cloud
· Conduct one-to-few and one-to-many training sessions to transfer knowledge to customers and partners considering or already using Buurst
· Capture and share best-practice knowledge amongst the team of Buurst cloud solutions architects. Continue to educate others and yourself through technical certifications as required.
· Author or otherwise contribute to Buurst customer-facing publications such as whitepapers
· Build deep relationships with senior technical individuals within customers to enable them to be Buurst advocates
· Act as a technical liaison between customers, partners, service engineering teams and support
REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
· BS/BA Computer Science or similar 4-year degree
· Experience in design/implementation/consulting experience with cloud-based applications; strong knowledge of AWS and/or Azure cloud platforms
· AWS and Microsoft Azure Associate and/or Pro technical certifications are a MUST
· Strong understanding and technical knowledge of storage technologies, particularly virtual storage. Experience working as a systems/sales engineer or cloud solutions architect in a previous role at a technology solutions company/ISV.
· Relevant experience in cloud technology/software sales or pre-sales consulting with a proven track record of software/technology sales or consulting.
· Working knowledge of software development tools and methodologies
· Top Secret clearance and experience in technology consulting with public sector clients is preferred but not required
· Linux system experience, ability to create and modify shell scripts, trouble shoot log files. Understand Linux internals as an operating system. NFS servers Samba, AWS and Azure CLI tools and ZFS experience is an absolute MUST.
· Additional hands-on AWS and Azure Cloud Experience. Usage and expertise with EC-2, Azure VMs, and Object Storage. Deploying and managing production workloads inside of Cloud Environments. Using Console, CLI and Cloud formation templates as well as Azure Resource Manager.
· Having previously worked for AWS or Microsoft (or an AWS or Microsoft partner)
· 10+ years of experience in a Systems Engineer, Sales Engineer, Cloud Solutions Architect, or a similar technical Software Consulting role