This is a work from home office position, need not be located in the specified “Job Location”
As a member of the Product Management team you will be responsible for the creation of requirements documents and guidance to both the Engineering and Marketing teams on new features and functionality of the SoftNAS product line.
Qualified candidates must have and demonstrate technical competency to learn, understand and discuss technical concepts related to the existing Buurst product portfolio as well as clearly communicate and document new feature requirements and roadmap strategy. Experience and background in enterprise storage, data management and Linux are an advantage we are looking for in a candidate. Non-technical product managers need not apply.
You must be able to communicate with all areas of the company. You will work with engineering counterparts to define product release requirements. A strong technical background is required for proper communications with the engineering team.
You will work with marketing to assist with go-to-market strategies, helping them understand product features and positioning, key benefits, and target customers. You will also serve as the internal and external evangelist for product offerings, occasionally working with the sales and key customers to promote Buurst products.
- Management and communications of product releases and strategies
- Communicate market requirements for current and future products
- Conducting market research to prioritize features
- Competitive analysis to differentiate Buurst products/features
- Drive consensus and communications of prioritized tasks and objectives throughout the company
- Attend and help drive weekly project release meetings
- Contribute to the overall company roadmap planning and communications
- Assist and or lead project management related to release
- 3+ years of software marketing/product management experience.
- Knowledgeable in technology and storage industry and/or data management solutions
- Knowledge of cloud storage environments a strong plus
- Knowledge of Apache NiFi a strong plus
- Knowledge of Linux a strong plus
- Knowledge of Kubernetes and container environments a strong plus
- Computer Science or Engineering degree or direct work experience a strong plus.
- Knowledge of storage markets a strong plus.
- Startup experience a plus.