In the QA Manager role, you will work closely with the Product Management and Development groups to understand the product vision, requirements and customer use cases to develop appropriate test strategies. You will be responsible for QA project schedules and progress updates to senior leadership as well as ensuring test coverage requirements are met by the team. The successful QA Manager is hands-on, has strong customer focus, is passionate about continuous quality improvement and dedicated to building a strong and high performing team.
· Bachelor's degree and/or Master's degree in Computer Science or equivalent combination of technical education and work experience
· A minimum of 3 years of building and managing a test team
· Demonstrated experience developing high-quality test plans and test reports
· Problem-solving skills and the abilities to analyze quantitatively, scope technical requirements and effectively prioritize deliverables
· Knowledge of QA methodology and tools, software testing standards, methods and conventions, and the product development cycle
· Hands on experience with cloud platforms (AWS and Azure) as well as VMware
· Thorough understanding of storage and networking technologies, architectures and concepts
· Familiar with Linux configuration and system internals
· Verbal and written communication skills are essential, as is the ability to build partnerships with leads across a variety teams within Buurst.
· Familiar with storage-based test tools such as iometer and fio
· Familiarity with python for basic scripting
· Familiar with active directory and samba integration
· Experience with performance and scalability testing, latency testing a plus
· Experience with Testrail test case management system