Build It Green (BIG) is a nonprofit organization of building industry thought leaders and practitioners who share a vision for better buildings. We are drive innovation and exciting initiatives in the residential building and energy efficiency industries and making a measurable difference for homes, people and the environment. To maximize our impact, we partner with thousands of building professionals, as well as industry partners, utilities, and government agencies. Learn more at: www.builditgreen.org.
BIG offers a friendly, positive work environment and a passionate work culture. Our HQ office is located in the heart of downtown Oakland, 300 Frank H. Ogawa Plaza, Suite 620; close to BART, the 12th Street/City Center Station and AC Transit Bus lines. Occasional telecommuting may be available.
About this Job:
The Director of Information Systems reports to the Executive Director, and manages a team of developers (internal and external/contracted) and system administrators). This individual is responsible for supporting the strategic direction of Build It Green by devising Salesforce platforms for energy efficiency programs. They have a solid technical background while able to manage and motivate people. The ideal candidate will be experienced in creating and implementing a wide range of internal- and external-facing business applications focused on Salesforce Platform development.
- Coordinate implementation of customer Salesforce solution projects that involve the Sales Cloud (CRM), Service Cloud (Call Centers), Collaboration Cloud (Chatter), Marketing Cloud, Custom Cloud, and/or integrations to ensure scope and customer expectations are met
- Work with program management, technical subject matter experts and the Information Systems (IS) staff to complete Salesforce implementation tasks, as required
- Provide project and technical leadership for key Salesforce implementation projects
- Establish and maintain Salesforce implementation standards
- Advise on a variety of broad questions and concerns regarding project requirements, technical standards, and conditions; communicate the status of requests and determines the feasibility of projects; documents findings and actions
- Deliver results working with 3rd party delivery partners, customer teams, and AppExchange vendors
- Represents the project as a Sr. Salesforce Developer expert who influences customer senior management on significant Salesforce matters
- Provide timely, accurate, and complete internal and external reporting to management, service partners, and others. This includes, but is not limited to time reporting, expenses, budgets, and other business reports.
- Capture business requirements, translate those requirements to technical/business solution options, and be able to communicate those effectively, from a technical and business perspective
- Provide support to Build It Green programs as contracted and per service level expectations.
- Interpret and apply IT security policies, applicable laws, regulations, and procedures to ensure compliance.
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, MIS, Business, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of technology experience in a small, medium or large organization
- 3+ years management experience, including work planning, coaching and professional development of staff, a team of Salesforce developers and administrators, ensuring clear project expectations and development opportunities
- 3+ years of Salesforce development (Lightning Components, Visualforce, and Apex)
- Demonstrated ability to independently analyze and design complex solutions within deadlines and contracted expectations and evaluate contracted services
- Experience with product development life cycle and software testing, which includes devising unit test plans, creating unit test cases, establishing unit testing protocols and appropriate testing environments, coordinate and execute software testing
- Experience with data structures, data modeling, and database schema
- Experience with declarative solutions including creation of custom objects, workflows, approvals, email alerts, field updates, outbound messages and communication templates
- Certified Salesforce Developer (DEV 501/Platform Developer I & II)
- 3 to 5 years of experience with Salesforce.com Sales, Service, Marketing and or Custom Cloud
- 2+ years of experience developing Salesforce Communities solutions
- Experience with Change Sets, Ant Migration Tool, Salesforce CLI, and VS Code
- Experience working with 3rd party delivery partners and AppExchange vendors is a plus
- Experience with AppExchange App comparisons, selection, and implementation
- Gather user and system requirements as use cases
- Experience with Scrum or other Agile development methodologies
- Experience with Apex, Visualforce, Salesforce APIs
- Experience with middleware tools like Dell Boomi, Informatica, JitterBit or similar
- Solution architecture expertise
- Facilitated business processes capture across multiple departments
- Certified Salesforce Sales Cloud Consultant
- Certified Salesforce Service Cloud Consultant
- Certified Advanced System Administrator