Build It Green (BIG) is a nonprofit organization of building industry thought leaders and practitioners who share a vision for better buildings. We are drive innovation and exciting initiatives in the residential building and energy efficiency industries and making a measurable difference for homes, people and the environment. To maximize our impact, we partner with thousands of building professionals, as well as industry partners, utilities, and government agencies. Learn more at: www.builditgreen.org.
BIG offers a friendly, positive work environment and a passionate work culture. Our HQ office is located in the heart of downtown Oakland, 300 Frank H. Ogawa Plaza, Suite 620; close to BART, the 12th Street/City Center Station and AC Transit Bus lines.
About the Position:
The Application Processor is responsible to provide on-line application rebate review and processing services including, technical documentation review, and other similar application processing activities in support of energy efficiency program implementation as required by our client established criteria. Also provides support and communications regarding residential home upgrades as needed, to Contractors, clients, and other stakeholders who participate in Build It Green client programs.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
Application Review – 80%
· Perform computer-based review of received applications using a CRM (Customer Relationship Management) platform /SalesForce and data entry for assigned client residential home upgrade programs and internal Green Point Rated program to review received applications and process according to established standards.
· Assure high quality application processing and documentation review, to ensure accurate and positive client interactions.
· Provide technical support to participating Contractors/Raters related to applications processing. Building Contractors and Raters are our primary clients.
· Ensure strict enforcement of program health and safety standards during the application review process to verify that combustion safety client standards are met by the contractor’s service.
· Ensure Contractor participants are performing within client program guidelines and requirements.
· Read, analyze and interpret complex documents and energy modeling software, including change orders, building permits, contractor scope of work, window specifications, combustion safety forms and equipment efficiency certifications.
Department Coordination -10%
· Assist in the ongoing refinement and enhancement of the application review process.
· Provide feedback to contractors regarding installation specifications
· Work with internal, Build It Green Information Systems colleagues to report issues, support development and maintenance of the client portals.
Outreach and Communication 10%
· Utilize excellent customer service phone skills to promote Build It Green’s activities and programs.
· Assist with outreach to contractors, to update application status or progress.
· Conduct research and troubleshoot as needed which may involve internet search, client account validation, permit validation using city permit sites or other resources such as Zillow.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
Education and Experience
§ Minimum High School diploma required; further education such as an Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in a related field of study preferred.
§ Knowledge of the residential construction industry codes and standards, sustainable building practices and energy efficiency, including heating, cooling, lighting, weatherization, and other energy-efficiency related projects is HIGHLY preferred. Experience in residential construction industry, including sustainable building practices knowledge is a key component of this position
§ Minimum of 2 years of experience in processing applications or related data and documentation review activities. Must be a detail oriented individual to ensure that the requirements of the application are fully vetted.
§ Certified Green Building Professional is required. Green Point Rated New Home & Multifamily, and Green Point Rated/Existing Home Certification may be required for certain contract programs. The employee will be expected to participate in the certification training and obtain the required certification within the first 2 years of employment. The Certified Green Building Professional training and exam is sponsored by the organization.
§ BPI Building Analyst Certification as presented by Building Professional Institute (BPI) is a plus. BPI is the professional source for certified contractors working on home energy efficiency, comfort, durability, health, and safety. This certification is preferred and may be sponsored by Build It Green.
§ Intermediate proficiency with Salesforce, MS Office Suite, Windows operating system and basic computer functions.
§ Understanding of energy modeling software including the following SnuggPro, OptiMiser and Cake systems is a plus when assigned to work on a home upgrade contract.
Communication and Interpersonal Skills
§ Excellent oral and written communication skills including the ability to listen effectively, to select and use appropriate communication methods, and to present ideas and information effectively, both orally and in writing.
§ Ability to work as part of a team and independently/
§ Prioritize multiple tasks and priorities with minimal supervision.
§ Respond effectively to changing situations and sensitive inquiries or complaints.
§ Maintain a high degree of professionalism with every customer action and decision to in terms of organization and impact.