Build It Green (BIG) is a nonprofit organization of building industry thought leaders and practitioners who share a vision for better buildings and a diligence for getting results. We are driving innovation and exciting initiatives in the residential building and energy efficiency industries and making a measurable difference for homes, people and the environment. To maximize our impact, we partner with thousands of building professionals, as well as industry partners, utilities, and government agencies. Learn more at: www.builditgreen.org. BIG offers a friendly, positive work environment and a passionate work culture. Our HQ office is located in the heart of downtown Oakland at 300 Frank H. Ogawa Plaza, Suite 620; close to BART, the 12th Street/City Center Station and AC Transit Bus lines. We offer a competitive wage and benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision insurance and 403(b) retirement savings plan with an employer match, paid holidays and time off.
The Program Associate provides administrative and program support for the Program Management department, specifically, the Utility Contracts Team The Program Associate is an effective communicator, able to adapt to changing priorities, can work with cross-functional teams, able to pay attention to details, and can help organize and meet project timelines. Typical tasks may include: coordinating payment processing, helping to track and organize client invoices and reports for program budgets, doing program research, handling customer service calls and follow-up, , modifying protocols, troubleshooting application errors, developing reports, communicating effectively internally and externally, and scheduling meeting.
Responsibilities & Duties
1) Enter, audit, and reconcile customer data into SalesForce. This may include enrollment applications, data about new applications, or reports for contractors and customers.
2)Work with the Program Managers, the Finance team, and members of a program’s cross-functional team to organize and produce monthly invoices and reports. This includes collecting, processing and tracking expenses, helping to produce monthly invoices and gathering various pieces of data for clients as well as financial information to the Finance team.
3) Schedule and administer GoToMeetings and webinars or JoinMe video conference calls for both client meetings, internal team meetings, and public events. Serve as note taker for various meetings.
4) Provide backend support for various software systems used by organization. For instance, you may be asked to maintain accurate user data and help upload program applications data to a website that is used to pay and track and generate rebates.
5) Serve as an alternate contact to stakeholders and provide knowledgeable and professional level assistance.
6) Coordinate with Program Managers, as well as other departments, including Finance and Information Services to troubleshoot solutions to address customer or technical issues and complete assignments on time.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
· 2 years minimum experience in administration or administrative role requiring financial reporting and contract compliance. This job requires very proficient or more advance Excel, mathematical, and data administration skills to be able to create business reports to tell the story about contract performance.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills. This includes effectively responding to: changing situations and sensitive inquiries or complaints from customers and clients, questions and concerns from members of internal cross-functional teams, and inquiries and demands from vendors and subcontractors. Ability to present instruction to groups of colleagues and/or customers.
· Ability to complete multiple tasks and priorities to completion with limited supervision using project planning tools like Smartsheet and Trello.
· Detail and accuracy orientation. Ability to enter and review data and content accurately and thoroughly as presented in a CRM system such as SalesForce.
· Basic knowledge of financial accounting.
· Intermediate proficiency with Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Google equivalents.
· Experience updating content on websites using systems such as WordPress, SalesForce, learning management and customer service systems.
· Experience administering GoToMeeting, JoinMe or other online conference and webinar software platforms.