ThinKom Solutions, is
a leading provider of innovative highly-affordable compact broadband antenna
and product solutions for aeronautical, on-the-move (OTM), and man portable
applications. ThinKom is well known as the supplier of the antenna system for
Gogo’s next generation, satellite connectivity solution for the commercial
I. Job Summary:
ThinKom is looking for a part-time consultant with someone that has existing relationships with influential decision makers at top-tier US aerospace corporations. The consultant’s primary responsibility is to strengthen ThinKom’s market position by locating, developing, defining, negotiating, and closing business relationships and sales of products and or services related to antenna subsystems and terminals in military markets. Primary applications include: Satellite Communications (SATCOM), Line-of-Sight (LOS), Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR), Common Data Link (CDL) applications in the microwave and millimeter wave frequencies.
II. Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
· Locates, proposes or influences/shapes potential business deals by contacting potential end-users and partners; discovering and exploring opportunities.
· Stays in front of target military customers and the appropriate contacts at each of the given customers; gathering information regarding current and future requirements and influencing requirements to be advantageous for ThinKom’s technology.
· Learns, organizes and disseminates information internally regarding plans and requirements for given customers; including, but not limited to expected antenna requirements, timing and scale of potential development and production opportunities; competition, etc.
· Arranges for broader ThinKom team to visit customers periodically and educate teams regarding the capabilities of and applications for ThinKom’s technology.
· Develops negotiating strategies and positions; examining risks and potentials; estimating partners' needs and goals.
· Closes new business deals by coordinating requirements; and working with the ThinKom team to develop and negotiate contracts.
· Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
· Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations and attending trade shows.
· Enhances organization reputation and branding recognition through professional interpersonal skills, integrity, and responsiveness.
· Participates in Industry trade groups which are determined to be a good use of time between the Sales Representative and ThinKom.
· Attends and participates in ThinKom’s trade show activities as determined to be a good use of time between the Sales Representative and ThinKom.
· Effectively manage multiple customers / opportunities and meet required deadlines.
· Work effectively with the sales team and management to make and accept decisions
III. Skills and/or Experience Needed:
· 10+ years in program management of SATCOM communications and antenna subsystems in the US defense/aerospace industry
· Systems, SATCOM, RF or Mechanical Engineering background preferred
· Customer relationship experience
· Established relationships with key decision makers at one or two of ThinKom’s target customers in the military market
· Interpersonal skills to constructively manage interactions and working relationships of internal engineering personnel and customers.
· Prospecting and Closing skills – Motivation and skills for Sales
· Sales Planning & demonstrated skills in organization
· Understand Customer Needs and Motivations
· Market Knowledge
· Solid Presentation Skills – ability to effectively develop and present
· High ethical standards
· Residing in Los Angeles or DC is preferred but remotely located is acceptable
IV. Language Skills:
· Must be able to communicate effectively, both written and verbal to employees of all levels and with outside customers.
V. Additional Skill and Experience Preferred (Not Required):
· Satellite Systems and Networking equipment
VI. Physical Demands:
· Ability to travel approx. 25% of time.
· This position uses a computer terminal to access, input, and retrieve data.
· This position may be subject to frequent or occasional on the job interruptions that may cause a change in immediate priorities and/or work focus.
· While performing duties of this position, employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, stoop, reach, and/or bend.
· May occasionally be required to lift, push, or pull maximum of 50 lbs.
· May be subjected to irregular or extended work hours.
· Must be able to work in an environment that may be subjected to occasional loud noises, hazardous materials and chemicals.
ThinKom Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
U.S. Citizenship or
lawful permanent residence in the U.S. required in support of U.S. Government