ThinKom Solutions, is a leading provider of innovative highly-affordable compact broadband antenna and product solutions for aeronautical, on-the-move (OTM), and manportable applications. Our primary products uniquely enable worldwide availability of high data rate connectivity in the several frequency bands for the consumer, enterprise, first-responder, civil, military, and intelligence communities. ThinKom is well known as the supplier of the antenna system for Gogo’s next generation, satellite connectivity solution for the commercial aircraft market. www.thinkom.com
This position is focused on the system level integration, verification, and validation (IVV) of antennas, antenna feeds, stationary and mobile antenna systems, and related components, as well as requirements definition of such equipment. This position is responsible for analyzing requirements and determining the adequate methods of testing to ensure first time quality acceptance and customer satisfaction.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
· Works as part of an integrated product team under the direction of a lead Systems Engineer and Program Manager
· Provide effective and efficient system test engineering support during the conceptual design, detailed design, integration, and test phases of a product development program and production hardware delivery, with the goal of achieving on-time completion of assigned tasks
· Prepare and present test plans and procedures during internal and external design reviews.
· Support component and system level RF testing and data collection
· Drives continuous improvement initiatives in the areas of troubleshooting, testing, configuration management, and product quality
· Documentation of System testing using ThinKom records retention procedures
· Additional responsibilities may include system integration, data collection, and product support
· Follows Company design procedures and corporate policies
· May support multiple programs/products simultaneously
· Other tasks, as assigned from time to time
Skills and/or Experience Needed:
· BS or MS in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Engineering related field.
· 2+ years of experience in the field of Engineering system design and analysis
· Extensive knowledge of requirements verification through test, analysis, or demonstration
· Previous antenna or SATCOM system design experience is highly desirable
· Experienced with various Commercial Aero design and test standards such as DO-160 and DO-178 as well as numerous MIL Standards, highly desirable
· Basic computer programming skills with ability to apply programming to engineering problems Experience in C, MATLAB, Python, Bash, Linux, and other programming languages is desired
· Technically proficient in MS Office products
· Interpersonal skills to effectively work with ThinKom people internally as well as working effectively with suppliers and customers
· Ability to effectively present information in team meetings and design reviews, as needed
· Ability to communicate calmly in a well thought out response, verbal and written
· Must have substantial problem-solving abilities
· US Citizenship or lawful permanent residence in the U.S. required in support of US Government contracts/subcontracts
· Ability to travel up to 5% of the time.
· This position uses a computer terminal to access, input, and retrieve data.
· This position may be subject to interruptions that may cause a change in immediate priorities and/or work focus.
· While performing duties to this position, employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, stoop, reach, and/or bend.
· May occasionally lift and/or move files or boxes up to 40 pounds.
· May be subjected to occasional irregular or extended work hours.
· May be required to sit for extended lengths of time.
· Must be able to work in an environment that may be subjected to occasional loud noises, hazardous materials and chemicals.
ThinKom offers generous benefits, including: Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Life, 401K Matching (4%), PTO, Paid Holidays, and Bonus Plan
Note: ThinKom Solutions is a Drug and Alcohol free working environment with a zero-tolerance policy. Due to position requirements, and ITAR restrictions, all applicants must be of U.S. citizenship, or be of legal permanent residential status with proper documentation.
ThinKom Solutions is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer