ThinKom Solutions is a leading provider of
innovative highly-affordable compact broadband antenna and product solutions
for aeronautical, on-the-move (OTM), and manportable applications. Our primary
products uniquely enable near-term availability of affordable high data rate
connectivity in the X-, Ku-, Ka-, and Q-Band frequency bands for the consumer,
enterprise, first-responder, civil, military, and intelligence communities.
ThinKom is well known as the supplier of the antenna system for Gogo’s next
generation, satellite connectivity solution for the commercial aircraft market.
ThinKom is growing rapidly as we develop and support products which are proving very successful in the marketplace. ThinKom is in the middle of a very dynamic growth phase. Joining ThinKom team provides excellent opportunities to grow both personally and professionally – as the continued expansion of both ThinKom’s team and product portfolio create additional opportunities to learn new skills and for career advancement!
This position is responsible for designing, testing and analyzing control systems for motion stabilized RF antenna systems, and for developing and maintaining MATLAB/C software analysis tools. Individual shall also be responsible for test, data collection, and real-time software verification.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
as part of an integrated product team under the direction of a lead Controls Engineer and Program Manager
· May support multiple programs/products simultaneously
· Provide effective and efficient design support as the lead controls engineer during the conceptual design, detailed design, integration, and test phases of a product development program, with the goal of achieving on-time completion of assigned tasks
· Prepare and present design and analysis summary material during internal and external design reviews
· Support antenna control system testing and integration
· Support production in the calibration of antennas and sensors and in the design of procedures to efficiently collect and process data
· Support business development activities by providing assistance during proposal efforts
· Documentation of controls and software designs using ThinKom records retention procedures
· Additional responsibilities may include system integration, data collection, and miscellaneous product support
· Follows company design procedures and corporate policies
· Other tasks, as assigned from time to time
Skills and/or Experience Needed:
· MS in
Electrical/Controls Systems Engineering
· 5+ years of experience in the field of Controls Engineering and software design desired, but not mandatory
· Extensive leadership experience, including definition of product requirements
· Experience in design, integration, testing, and troubleshooting of control systems
· Extensive experience with MATLABTM analysis & simulation tools
· Experience with coordinate transforms and quaternions
· Skilled at data collection, data analysis and presentation and plotting
· Experience with embedded software coding and algorithm development using C programming language
· Experienced with the electronics that comprise the control system highly desired
· Experience with the mechanical aspects of control systems (friction, bearings, vibration, thermal effects on structures and
sensors) highly desired
· Experienced in writing detailed test plans and procedures
· Experience with inertial stabilization and control of antennas or other sensors
· Knowledge of brushless DC motor control desired
· Knowledge of gyros desired
· Technically proficient in MS Office products
skills to effectively work with ThinKom people internally as well as working
effectively with suppliers and customers
· Ability to effectively present information in team meetings and design reviews, as needed
· Ability to communicate calmly in a well thought out response, verbal and written
· Must have substantial problem-solving abilities
to travel up to 5% of the time.
· This position uses a computer terminal to access, input, and retrieve data.
· This position may be subject to interruptions that may cause a change in immediate priorities and/or work focus.
· While performing duties to this position, employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, stoop, reach, and/or bend.
· May occasionally lift and/or move files or boxes up to 40 pounds.
· May be subjected to occasional irregular or extended work hours.
· May be required to sit for extended lengths of time.
· Must be able to work in an environment that may be subjected to occasional loud noises, hazardous materials and chemicals.
ThinKom offers generous benefits, including: Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Life, 401k Matching (4%), PTO, Paid Holidays and Bonus Plan.
Note: ThinKom Solutions is a Drug and Alcohol-free working environment with a zero-tolerance policy. Due to position requirements, and ITAR restrictions, all applicants must be of U.S. citizenship, or be of legal permanent residential status with proper documentation.
ThinKom is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.