ThinKom Solutions, is a leading provider of innovative highly-affordable compact broadband antenna and product solutions for aeronautical, on-the-move (OTM), and manportable applications. Our primary products uniquely enable worldwide availability of high data rate connectivity in the several frequency bands for the consumer, enterprise, first-responder, civil, military, and intelligence communities. ThinKom is well known as the supplier of the antenna system for Gogo’s next generation, satellite connectivity solution for the commercial aircraft market. www.thinkom.com
ThinKom is in the middle of a very dynamic growth phase. Joining ThinKom team provides excellent opportunities to grow both personally and professionally – as the continued expansion of both ThinKom’s team and product portfolio create additional opportunities to learn new skills and for career advancement!
I. Job Summary:
This position is responsible for leadership in the areas of analysis of complex Antenna systems for motion stabilized platforms, monitoring and maintaining trends of performance. Perform the technical engineering role on multiple product lines and customers.
II. Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works as part of an integrated product team as Lead Systems Engineer under the direction of the Director of Systems and in unison with Program Management
- Drives continuous improvement initiatives in the areas of analysis, monitoring and performance management
- Sets systems and test requirements of new products and makes decisions relative to system architecture, component selection, and software design
- May support multiple programs/products simultaneously
- Provide effective and efficient design support as the lead systems engineer during the conceptual design, detailed design, integration, and test phases of a product development program, with the goal of achieving on-time completion of assigned tasks
- Prepare and present design and analysis summary material during internal and external design reviews
- Additional responsibilities may include system integration, data collection, and product support
- Follows Company design procedures and corporate policies
- Other tasks, as assigned from time to time
III. Skills and/or Experience Needed:
- BS or MS in Electrical or Software Engineering
- 5+ years of experience in the field of Systems Engineering and Software Design
- Extensive leadership experience, including definition of product requirements
- Extensive experience in Avionic component development and release process
- Extensive experience in Agile development methodology, soft ware design, integration, testing, and troubleshoooting
- Experienced in writing analysis reports and summaries
- Experience with simulation tools such as Matlab or Simulink
- Technically proficient in MS Office products
- Interpersonal skills to effectively work with ThinKom people internally as well as working effectively with suppliers and customers
- Ability to effectively present information in team meetings and design reviews as needed
- Ability to communicate calmly in a well thought out response, verbal and written
- Must have substantial problem solving abilities
- US Citizenship or lawful permanent residence in the U.S. required in support of US Government contracts/subcontracts
- Ability to travel up to 5% of the time.
- This position uses a computer terminal to access, input, and retrieve data.
- This position may be subject to interruptions that may cause a change in immediate priorities and/or work focus.
- While performing duties to this position, employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, stoop, reach, and/or bend.
- May occasionally lift and/or move files or boxes up to 40 pounds.
- May be subjected to occasional irregular or extended work hours.
- May be required to sit for extended lengths of time.
- Must be able to work in an environment that may be subjected to occasional loud noises, hazardous materials and chemicals.
ThinKom offers generous benefits, including: Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Life, 401k Matching (4%), PTO, Paid Holidays and Bonus Plan.
Note: ThinKom Solutions is a Drug and Alcohol free working environment with a zero-tolerance policy. Due to position requirements, and ITAR restrictions, all applicants must be of U.S. citizenship, or be of legal permanent residential status with proper documentation.
THINKOM SOLUTIONS IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.