The Technical Director is responsible for the development of project specific details and the preparation and coordination of clear and concise drawings for Commercial and Residential project types.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Work closely with Sr. Project Designers and Sr. Project Architects to develop construction details that comply with the overall design intent and project budget
• Prepare complete and concise design and construction drawings including checking and coordinating details, dimensions and specifications
• Research and advise on building systems, assemblies, components and materials
• Research codes, regulations, etc.
• Direct team members in the application of architectural standards and guidelines
• Mentor less experienced Architectural Staff and offer advice, training, and direction
• Coordinate and schedule QA/QC of documents with QA/QC Director.
• Assist in checking submittals and responding to requests for information
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
• Professional Degree in Architecture, from an accredited University.
• 15+ years architectural experience in producing detailed documents for all project phases
• Experience with built Commercial or Residential NYC projects is required.
• Must be a licensed Architect
• Strong graphic and design skills
• Strong communication, and organizational skills
• Must be proficient in Autocad
• Must be experienced in BIM delivery process