Senior Technical Architect [10+ Experience]
S9 Architecture is seeking a deft Senior Architect with 10+ years of professional experience. The Senior Technical Architect will work closely with the Design Principals, and Senior Designers leading project teams in the documentation and detailing of projects.
The ideal candidate will have the followingqualifications and responsibilities:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Architecture
- Registered Architect
- 10-12 years of post-graduate, professional experience
- Extensive knowledge of NYC zoning resolution, building codes, standards and building structures
- Experience in mixed-use mid, or high rise developments
- Highly skilled at Autocad, Bluebeam and Excel-- Revit is a plus
- Skilled at coordination of sub-consultants
- Ability to prepare project schedules and fee proposals
- Chair and minute team meetings
- Strong technical skills and attention to detail
- Ability to adapt to new and complex situations
- Must have the ability to effectively present ideas (both verbally and visually)
- Knowledge of construction methods and construction administration in NYC
- Passion for mentoring and managing junior team members
- Experience with technically sophisticated envelope systems.
Who We Are:
S9 Architecture is a team of 70 designers dedicated to giving form to our client’s pragmatic needs, with a unique design approach rooted in “modern contextualism” and inspired by urban narratives. Rejecting pre-conceived ideas and stylistic preoccupations, each design solution is informed by programmatic, physical, environmental, economic and contextual forces. We believe our projects are part of a larger whole, acting as glue that helps bind and enhance their context for human experiences.
Our work is primarily centered in the New York City area with projects in San Francisco, Washington DC, Atlanta, Charlotte and Canada, as well. We strive for high minded design in everything we do and across all project typologies which currently include: residential, office, adaptive reuse, urban design, commercial and mixed use.
S9 Architecture is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply. We offer full benefits including: health benefits through Aetna, company matched 401k, reimbursement and mentoring for ARE's, yearly performance reviews and an ok soccer team.