Senior Project Architect
S9 Architecture is seeking a deft Senior Project Architect with 15+ years of professional experience. This senior technical architect will work closely with the Design Principals and Project Managers and Intermediate Architects to manage and drive the development of project documentation, leading projects through construction.
• Direct and organize workflow and tasks to be performed by Job Captain, Intermediate Architects, as well as junior team members, in collaboration with project designers.
• Direct development of working drawing sets through all phases of design and oversee the work of the project team using Revit and Rhino.
• Review client’s stated construction budget and steer development of documents to align with budget goals.
• Manage the deliverables and scope of work from schematic design through construction administration phases.
• Support the Principals and Project Manager in client and consultant meetings and represent the firm in their absence.
• Review contracts for design deliverables required of the project team.
• Recognize and limit risk exposure to the firm through evaluation of project contract, site conditions, and parameters.
• Review all work product for technical and design accuracy prior to issuance.
• Assist Principals and Project Managers in creating and maintaining project schedules and scope of work.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture is required.
• Registered Architect, required qualification.
• 15+ years of post-graduate, full-time professional experience.
• Extensive knowledge of NYC zoning resolution, building codes, standards, and building systems.
• Knowledge of construction methods and construction administration in NYC.
• Experience in high- and mid-rise residential developments required.
• Experience in mixed-use, mid- to high-rise developments strongly preferred.
• Highly skilled at coordination and review of sub-consultants and their deliverables.
• Strong technical skills and attention to detail.
• Highly versed with preparing full sets of design documents using Revit, Bluebeam, and Excel.
• Technical experience with a variety of sophisticated envelope systems.
• Passion for mentoring and managing junior team members.
A portfolio of work demonstrating and documenting independent work is required. Please attach a portfolio if you wish to be considered.
Salary range: $95,000-$130,000+
The range above is a good faith estimate based on the expectations as laid out in the job description. We are however often open to a wide variety of profiles and recognize that the person we hire may be less experienced (or more senior) than this job description as posted.If that ends up being the case, the actual salary may vary from the estimates provided above.
Who We Are:
S9 Architecture is a team of 70 designers dedicated to giving form to our client’s pragmatic needs with a unique design approach rooted in “modern contextualism” and inspired by urban narratives. Rejecting pre-conceived ideas and stylistic preoccupations, each design solution is informed by programmatic, physical, environmental, economic, and contextual forces. We believe our projects are part of a larger whole, acting as glue that helps bind and enhance their context for human experiences.
Our work is centered in the New York City area, but we have multiple large projects across North America in places such as Boston, Washington DC, Atlanta, Charlotte, Cleveland, Kansas City and Toronto. We strive for high minded design in everything we do and across all project typologies which currently include residential, office, adaptive reuse, urban design, commercial and mixed use.
S9 Architecture is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply. We offer full benefits including health benefits through United Healthcare, company matched 401(k), reimbursement and mentoring for AREs, yearly performance reviews, and an ok soccer team.