Architectural Designer [2+ Experience]
S9 Architecture is seeking an Architectural Designer interested in learning all aspects of the design and technical documentation process.
The ideal candidate must meet the following responsibilities and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Architecture
- 2+ years of post-graduation, professional experience
- Work under the supervision of an Architect/Designer
- Knowledge of one or more of the following phases: concept design, schematic design, design development, construction documents.
- Experience with Revit or Rhino, and preferably too: AutoCAD, InDesign, and Photoshop.
- Enjoys working collaboratively as part of a team but comfortable working independently
- Self-motivated, energetic, and organized
- Excellent graphic, written and verbal communication skills
- A portfolio of work demonstrating and documenting independent work is required.
Who We Are:
S9 Architecture is a team of 70 designers dedicated to giving form to our client’s pragmatic needs, with a unique design approach rooted in “modern contextualism” and inspired by urban narratives. Rejecting pre-conceived ideas and stylistic preoccupations, each design solution is informed by programmatic, physical, environmental, economic and contextual forces. We believe our projects are part of a larger whole, acting as glue that helps bind and enhance their context for human experiences.
Our work is primarily centered in the New York City area with projects in San Francisco, Washington DC, Atlanta, Charlotte and Canada, as well. We strive for high minded design in everything we do and across all project typologies which currently include: residential, office, adaptive reuse, urban design, commercial and mixed use.
S9 Architecture is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply. We offer full benefits including: health benefits through Aetna, company matched 401k, reimbursement and mentoring for ARE's, yearly performance reviews and an ok soccer team.