S9 Architecture is seeking a highly motivated Senior Interior Designer to join our team in our New York office. This is an opportunity to join a team of professionals committed to creating meaningful architecture and beautiful spaces
You will have exceptional design skills, be able to market and maintain client relationships,
You will be working as the lead Interior Designer specifically on commercial workplace and residential projects, leading junior staff, overseeing design and project financials. This position is very collaborative and requires that you work with the client, project managers, architects and others. . You will lead design on multiple projects through all phases from proposal through construction.
· Lead interior design assignments from conceptual through project completion
· Build, nurture and foster new client relationships.
· Work closely with Principals and Project Managers to promote our design approach and philosophy.
· Collaborate on commercial and residential interiors projects, including programming client needs, conceptual and schematic design, design development, and management of budgets and schedules
· Be an integral part in the growth and success of Interiors design at S9
· Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, and effectively satisfy clients with your design approach and ideas.
· Meets with the firm’s clients and determine client needs, fees, and other opportunities for studio.
· Ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, exceed goals and provide high quality service to clients.
· Create and conducts client presentations. Responsible for keeping the project on budget and on schedule.
· Estimates material requirements and preliminary costs.
· Responsible for communication with other project team members, vendors, and contractors to ensure incorporation of all information and provides support as necessary.
· 10 -15 years of relevant design experience in interiors
· Bachelors’ Degree in Interior Design or Architecture
· Corporate interiors and residential experience required
· Excellent design skills
· Strong leadership, communication and relationship-management skills
· Current knowledge of resources and trends in design.
· Strong experience with contract management, RFP’s, bid documents, presentation and communication skills
· Proficiency in AutoCAD, Adobe Suites, Sketchup, and Microsoft Office
· Successful track record coordinating work efforts of junior staff.
· Strong client presentation skills
Please attached resume and portfolio to this application.
S9 Architecture is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran or status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable Federal, State or Local law.