S9 Architecture is seeking a Senior Interior Designer to lead all of the Studio's interior design projects. This person will be responsible for working directly with both Co-Founding Principals, to design exceptional interior spaces and experiences. As a Senior Designer you will lead and manage the work of multiple design teams, and work directly with the Principals and Client. You will be responsible for managing the design of the projects, hiring and mentoring designers, and over time, building a studio within a studio. You will have exceptional design skills, business curiosity and be able to market and maintain Client relationships. This position is very collaborative and requires that you work with the Client, project managers, architects and others. You will lead the design on multiple projects through all phases from proposal through construction.
The ideal candidate must meet the following responsibilities and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Interior Design or Architecture
- 10 to 12 years of post-graduate, professional experience in a Design or Architecture office
- Experience defining, developing and delivering creative concepts according to creative brief requirements and the client's objectives
- Lead design teams from Concept through the Design Development phase and present to large Client groups,
- Have relevant design experience in large scale New York City, development projects,
- Significant experience selecting, specifying and procuring furniture, fixtures and equipment,
- Must have the ability to effectively present ideas (both verbally and visually)
- Be flexible in design and able to take direction, feedback and observations with a positive attitude
- Be able to work and liaise across all departments to produce the best response to creative briefs
- Ability to meet deadlines and multi-task with minimal supervision
- Report to and review work with the Co-Founding Principals
- Proficiency in Rhino, AutoCAD, Sketchup, Adobe CS, (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Proficiency in Revit and 3D Studio Max a plus
- Ability to produce conceptual designs
- Strong technical skills and attention to detail
- Ability to adapt to new and complex situations
- Design curious – must be passionate, observant and self-motivated
Who We Are:
S9 Architecture is a team of 70 designers dedicated to giving form to our client’s pragmatic needs, with a unique design approach rooted in “modern contextualism” and inspired by urban narratives. Rejecting pre-conceived ideas and stylistic preoccupations, each design solution is informed by programmatic, physical, environmental, economic and contextual forces. We believe our projects are part of a larger whole, acting as glue that helps bind and enhance their context for human experiences.
Our work is primarily centered in the New York City area with projects in San Francisco, Washington DC, Atlanta, Charlotte and Canada, as well. We strive for high minded design in everything we do and across all project typologies which currently include: residential, office, adaptive reuse, urban design, commercial and mixed use.
S9 Architecture is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply. We offer full benefits including: health benefits through Aetna, company matched 401k, reimbursement and mentoring for ARE's, yearly performance reviews and an ok soccer team.