This position will be responsible for a variety of tax issues including preparation or review of federal, state, local and franchise tax returns and income tax provision. Opportunities will also exist for exposure to various other specialty areas including corporate income and franchise taxes, credits and incentives, and other special projects.
Candidates should have 5+years of recent US corporate income tax experience. Experience with ASC 740 is required. Preference will be given to candidates with Big 4 and corporate experience.
- Provide tax experts all necessary schedules to accurately and timely prepare federal and state income tax return/filings and review for senior management signature
- Ascertain federal and state income tax extensions are filed timely as needed
- Provide tax experts all necessary schedules to prepare quarterly/annual tax provisions under ASC 740 and review when completed
- Prepare the quarterly and annual tax journal entries
- Prepare or update financial statement tax notes as needed for annual and quarterly financial statement and provide for management review
- Assist in ASC 740 assessment & documentation
- Maintain deferred tax assets and liabilities accounts and schedules/Sch M
- Reconciliations of tax accounts and accruals for income and franchise taxes
- Preparation of tax account forecasts
- Prepare annual franchise tax reports and file timely
- Prepare annual 1099 forms, or equivalents, and mail and file timely
- Manage federal & state income tax audits, if any
- Maintain Orphan Drug Credit and Research Tax Credit schedules, as needed
· Tracking and generating timely responses to notices/audits regarding federal, state, and local tax issues
· Maintain equity related tax schedules (for stock options and RSU) and review equity platform tax rates
- Ensures SOX compliance for responsible area, including implementing improvements to improve the efficiency of current controls
· Assist with special tax projects, tax research, and other tax matters
· Assist in coordinating ad hoc/ special projects as needed
· 5+years of recent US corporate income tax experience. Experience with ASC 740 is required. Preference will be given to candidates with Big 4 and corporate experience.
· Bachelor’s degree in accounting or Finance.
· Proficient in Excel, including pivot table and vlookup.
· Highly organized with great attention to detail.
· Ability to manage various tasks on tight deadlines.
· Motivated self-starter, with an ability to work independently and as part of a team.
· Strong communication skills (written and verbal) and analytical skills