Assist Maintenance Supervisor and Lead Maintenance in carrying out the maintenance processes of the property, including Corrective, Preventative, Routine, Emergency, and Cosmetic maintenance as well as make-ready process in a manner consistent with the property’s operational objectives.
DEGREES AND DIPLOMAS
High School Diploma or equivalent
Certifications/permits required by city/state to perform job responsibilities (i.e. pool operations)
EXPERIENCE OR SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE
3 months previous general apartment or institutional general maintenance experience preferred; although the skills needed for this position can be learned on the job
The following are essential job accountabilities:
1. Respond to resident/management requests/work orders for occupied units.
a. Repair/replace appliances (i.e. garbage disposal, refrigerators, stoves, dishwashers, etc.)
b. Repair/replace plumbing (i.e. water lines, water pressure, water fixtures, faucets, drain lines, boiler temperatures, water closets, etc.)
c. Repair/replace any apartment material/maintenance requests within scope of management responsibility (i.e. doors/drawers, replace hardware, replace light bulb/fixtures, vent fans, drapery rods, replace/re-key locks, doorsteps, door viewers, towel bars, refrigerator lights, vent fans, mini blinds, etc.)
2. Prepare and ensure completion of all repairs/replacements necessary for unit to be occupied.
a. Tile/flooring, hardware, appliances, light fixtures, walls, doors, baseboards, ceilings, windows, screens, cabinets, carpet, etc.
3. Monitor physical condition and immediately report and correct unsafe conditions (i.e. broken gates leading to the pool, broken steps, burned out exterior lights).
4. Perform preventative maintenance on equipment and units (i.e. ensure replacement of air filters, cleaning, and lubricating machinery/equipment, etc.).
5. Maintain accurate records regarding EPA/OSHA standards, preventative maintenance service requests received are completed, apartment make-ready status, work-in-progress, etc.
6. Maintain maintenance shop so that it is safe, clean, and well organized with adequate inventory of spare parts and maintenance materials to handle most common repairs and situations; ensure all tools and equipment are properly stored and well-maintained at all times.
7. Schedule and perform routine preventative maintenance in accordance with the Company’s preventative maintenance policy.
8. Wear and utilize Personal Protective Equipment at all times during work hours.