Shattuck Labs, Inc. (www.shattucklabs.com) is a clinical-stage biotechnology company pioneering the development of bi-functional fusion proteins as a new class of biologic medicine for the treatment of patients with cancer and autoimmune disease. Compounds derived from Shattuck’s proprietary Agonist Redirected Checkpoint, ARC®, platform simultaneously inhibit checkpoint molecules and activate costimulatory molecules within a single therapeutic. The company’s lead wholly owned program, SL-172154 (SIRPα-Fc-CD40L), which is designed to block the CD47 immune checkpoint and simultaneously agonize the CD40 pathway, is being evaluated in a Phase 1 trial. A second compound, SL-279252 (PD1-Fc-OX40L), is being evaluated in a Phase 1 trial in collaboration with Takeda Pharmaceuticals. Additionally, the company is advancing a proprietary Gamma Delta T Cell Engager, GADLEN™, platform, which is designed to bridge gamma delta T cells to tumor antigens for the treatment of patients with cancer. Shattuck has offices in both Austin, Texas and Durham, North Carolina.
About the Position
Shattuck is looking for a Senior Accountant to assist the Accounting Department in monthly accounting duties. In this role, you will ensure timely preparation of the necessary journal entries and monthly reconciliations. You will need to work closely with our research and development teams to ensure that costs for clinical trials and other research projects are adequately captured. You will be expected to provide monthly/quarterly reports and other analysis pertaining to cash, clinical and research and development costs, fixed assets, revenue, and expense activities as needed for management to make quick, fact-based decisions. You will facilitate ad hoc requests for analysis and questions regarding the company’s various financial reports.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
- Prepare and maintain complex accrual and revenue models – including for manufacturing and clinical trials
- Work closely with our research teams and manufacturing teamsto provide accurate and timely financial data
- Ensure expenses are recorded to the correct departments and projects
- Prepare monthly journal entries and reconciliations as part of the month-end close process
- Proactively assess current systems and processes and help drive overall process improvement
- Assist with financial statement audits
- Maintain SOX compliance and documentation
- Meet deadlines
- Provide reports and analysis related to your duties
- Assist with other projects as needed
- 3 – 4+ years of experience in accounting
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting required, CPA is a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- NetSuite experience is a plus
- Knowledge of US technical accounting processes and policies
- Great communication, organizational and analytical skills
- Strong project management skills with the ability to prioritize, organize, and respond effectively
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced startup environment
Note to External Recruiters: Our Human Resources department manages all open positions and candidate recruitment. We kindly ask that recruiters not contact employees or hiring managers directly to present candidates or solicit business. Please note that we will consider failure to comply with this request when determining whether to enter into a professional relationship with a recruiting agency. Please also note that submission of unsolicited resumes does not create any obligations for Shattuck Labs, implied or otherwise.