Shattuck Labs, Inc. (www.shattucklabs.com) is a clinical-stage biotechnology company pioneering the development of bi-functional fusion proteins as a new class of biologic medicine for the treatment of patients with cancer and autoimmune disease. Compounds derived from Shattuck’s proprietary Agonist Redirected Checkpoint, ARC®, platform simultaneously inhibit checkpoint molecules and activate costimulatory molecules within a single therapeutic. The company’s lead wholly owned program, SL-172154 (SIRPα-Fc-CD40L), which is designed to block the CD47 immune checkpoint and simultaneously agonize the CD40 pathway, is being evaluated in a Phase 1 trial. A second compound, SL-279252 (PD1-Fc-OX40L), is being evaluated in a Phase 1 trial in collaboration with Takeda Pharmaceuticals. Additionally, the company is advancing a proprietary Gamma Delta T Cell Engager, GADLEN™, platform, which is designed to bridge gamma delta T cells to tumor antigens for the treatment of patients with cancer. Shattuck has offices in both Austin, Texas and Durham, North Carolina.
Shattuck Labs is seeking an individual to join the R&D team in Research Triangle Park, NC to support the research operations of a vibrant biotechnology company. The Laboratory Technician will perform laboratory maintenance and organizational activities; including reagent preparation, ordering/stocking supplies, equipment cleaning/maintenance, inventory management, etc. In addition, the qualified candidate will support the execution of molecular biology assays by performing experiments and analyzing data. The candidate will be highly self-motivated, able to multitask effectively, and willing to work both independently and within teams.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Contribute to laboratory upkeep by setting up, maintaining, and cleaning lab equipment and space (glassware cleaning, biohazard waste removal, daily maintenance protocols).
- Assist in maintaining stock of common reagents and materials to keep the lab running smoothly (stocking consumables, mixing buffers, inventory management).
- Support R&D activities by executing scientific protocols using standard methods (Western Blot, DNA Transformation/Bacterial Culture, ELISA, Octet, MSD, Cell Culture).
- Maintain rigorous and detailed records and keep documentation of all work performed in an organized lab notebook and electronic database.
- Be able to clearly communicate results with team members during collaborative assignments and present weekly updates on R&D activities.
- Demonstrate responsibility over research projects and involvement in laboratory activity while displaying willingness to take on new projects outside the ‘normal’ course of business.
- Position may require periodic evening and weekend work, as necessary to meet project deadlines
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- B.S. in Biochemistry or related field
- Course work in immunology or cancer biology is a plus
- 1-2 years of hands-on academic or biotechnology/pharmaceutical industry research experience, and familiarity with scientific literature review preferred
- Must have the ability to multi-task to meet critical deadlines and the independent initiative to solve interdisciplinary problems.
- Candidate must be able to thrive in a fast-paced dynamic biotech environment where flexibility, tolerability to rapid change, and drive to make a significant impact is essential.
- Must enjoy working in collaboration with other team members within and outside the department to achieve goals through effective building of relationships.
- Computer proficiency; MS word, excel, powerpoint, Graphpad prism, flowjo, etc
Note to External Recruiters: Our Human Resources department manages all open positions and candidate recruitment. We kindly ask that recruiters not contact employees or hiring managers directly to present candidates or solicit business. Please note that we will consider failure to comply with this request when determining whether to enter into a professional relationship with a recruiting agency. Please also note that submission of unsolicited resumes does not create any obligations for Shattuck Labs, implied or otherwise.