About Shattuck Labs
Shattuck Labs (www.shattucklabs.com) is developing breakthrough therapies for immunotherapy, which harnesses the human immune system to improve survival for patients battling cancer and inflammatory disease. Shattuck has pioneered the development of dual-sided Fc fusion proteins with the Agonist Redirected Checkpoint (ARC) and Gamma Delta T-Cell Engager (GADLEN) platform technologies. Two compounds from the ARC platform are currently being tested in clinical trials (SL-279252 and SL-172154). In multiple published studies, ARC therapeutics have significantly outperformed traditional antibody-based therapeutics, and we believe that the dual-functionality of the ARC platform positions our product candidates with best-in-class potential as compared to traditional antibody therapeutics. Over 300 product candidates have been generated from the ARC platform and are poised for IND-enabling studies. Shattuck Labs, based in Austin, Texas, is a privately held biotechnology company founded in 2016. The R&D hub for Shattuck Labs is based in Research Triangle Park, NC.
About the Position
Shattuck Labs is seeking a highly motivated individual that will join a dynamic R&D team in Research Triangle Park, NC to support the planning, development and execution of in vitro and in vivo pre-clinical assays for validating a novel class of therapeutics that target T-cells. The candidate must be comfortable working both independently on novel discovery-based projects and also under the supervision of the R&D team. It is expected that the individual has a strong foundation in T-cell biology and cancer research, to not only perform experiments, but also contribute knowledge and ideas to future discovery programs at Shattuck Labs. This is a full-time position based in Research Triangle Park, NC. Shattuck will provide a competitive compensation and benefits package.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
· Work closely with principal scientists on the team to perform semi-high throughput in vitro and cell-based potency assays to screen multiple fusion protein candidates.
· Use various transfection modalities including Lentivirus/Retrovirus systems to generate stable mammalian cell lines for the generation of reporter assays.
· Molecular characterization of fusion protein candidates using chemiluminescent and MSD-based ELISA, Western blot, qPCR, luciferase reporter assays, live-cell imaging, and flow cytometry/FACS based techniques.
· Collect and analyze data and maintain compliant records of laboratory research.
· Co-author technical documentation (abstracts, manuscripts and project reports) from basic pre-clinical development.
· Proficiently communicate research plans and findings at team, department meetings and conferences.
Required Qualifications and Skills
· The successful candidate will hold a degree in one of the following fields, or similar; Biology, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology or Immunology
o B.S. degree, and candidates with M.S. encouraged to apply
· 2-3 years of experience in an academic lab, biotech or pharma laboratory conducting hypothesis-driven research.
· Experience in multiplex flow cytometry.
· Experience in aseptic cell culture techniques and ability to generate stable mammalian cell lines.
· Proven ability to collaborate with other functional areas within the company.
· Able to multi-task productively, applying time management processes and procedures effectively for on time delivery.
· Candidate must be sharp, self-motivated, and able to thrive in a fast-paced dynamic biotech environment where flexibility, tolerability to rapid change, and drive to make a significant impact is essential.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills.
· Must enjoy working in collaboration with others and small teams to achieve goals through effective building of relationships with co-workers
Note to External Recruiters: Our Human Resources department manages all open positions and candidate recruitment. We kindly ask that recruiters not contact employees or hiring managers directly to present candidates or solicit business. Please note that we will consider failure to comply with this request when determining whether to enter into a professional relationship with a recruiting agency. Please also note that submission of unsolicited resumes does not create any obligations for Shattuck Labs, implied or otherwise.