Shattuck Labs, Inc. (www.shattucklabs.com) is a clinical-stage biotechnology company pioneering the development of bi-functional fusion proteins as a new class of biologic medicine for the treatment of patients with cancer and autoimmune disease. Compounds derived from Shattuck’s proprietary Agonist Redirected Checkpoint, ARC®, platform simultaneously inhibit checkpoint molecules and activate costimulatory molecules within a single therapeutic. The company’s lead wholly owned program, SL-172154 (SIRPα-Fc-CD40L), which is designed to block the CD47 immune checkpoint and simultaneously agonize the CD40 pathway, is being evaluated in a Phase 1 trial. A second compound, SL-279252 (PD1-Fc-OX40L), is being evaluated in a Phase 1 trial in collaboration with Takeda Pharmaceuticals. Additionally, the company is advancing a proprietary Gamma Delta T Cell Engager, GADLEN™, platform, which is designed to bridge gamma delta T cells to tumor antigens for the treatment of patients with cancer. Shattuck has offices in both Austin, Texas and Durham, North Carolina.
About the Position
Responsible for providing bioinformatics data
processing, analysis, visualization, and programming support to translational
medicine and biomarker programs across all assets. They will assist in deriving
clinically meaningful interpretations, as well as addressing research questions
that assist translational medicine, the clinical team and other functions with
presentations, manuscripts, etc. Maintain and improve professional knowledge of
bioinformatics or statistics related to biomarker data. Work with internal and external team members
on issues and questions of bioinformatic data interpretation and associated statistical
Summary of Key Responsibilities
- Engage with translation medicine scientists, clinical team and other key stakeholders to provide statistical input into translational plan of the clinical program, develop biomarker data analysis strategies and plans across assets. The candidate should have a good understanding of translation study objectives and can effectively translate the translational research questions to appropriately executable biomarker data analysis plan.
- Perform analysis of biomarker data,
bioinformatics analysis and visualization, and derive clinically meaningful
interpretations in collaboration with team scientists.
- Effectively manage day-to-day biomarker data from third party vendors or Shattuck labs, compile data for use in biomarker data analyses.
- Keep abreast of emerging knowledge about new technical, statistical, and methodological developments related to biomarker data and apply to internal biomarker/clinical data
- Develop standard process for biomarker and
bioinformatics data analysis, reporting, and storage.
- Assist in writing /reviewing biomarker related results in posters, presentation, reports, internal and external documents
Qualifications and Experience
- PhD in bioinformatics, statistics, or related field with at least 3 years of related experience
- A PhD in a biological science with extensive use of computational and/or bioinformatics tools is also acceptable.
- Excellent data analysis and visualization skills using, R, Python, Rust, SAS or other robust data analysis tools.
- Demonstrated hands-on experience in processing, analyzing and interpreting high throughput data including but not limited to various -omics data sets, clinical biomarker and translational data (with emphasis on flow cytometry and quantitative imaging).
- 2+ years of experience in the biotech/pharmaceutical industry or in a CRO environment
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively and to handle several concurrent projects
- Strong critical thinking skills and the ability to synthesize relevant biological data with key informatics techniques to generate substantive visualizations that are insightful and spark debate
- Familiarity with human genomics, standard genomic database, format and tools, and documented hands-on experience with large-scale genomic data is a strong plus
- An understanding of cell biology and cellular processes is a strong plus
- An understanding of immunology is a strong plus
- Ability to work independently and take the initiative to solve problem and seek solutions in a fast-paced, high dynamic environment
with modeling and simulation techniques
Skills & Competencies
- Comprehensive knowledge of statistical methodology and data analysis.
- Working knowledge of R, SAS and other programming skills.
- Strategic thinking, creativity, ability to work in a highly dynamic and innovative environment
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment with frequent course corrections
- High level of self-motivation, entrepreneurial spirit, and flexibility (openness to take on additional responsibilities as needed)
- Excellent interpersonal skills, verbal, and written communication skills
- Ability to manage and progress several projects concurrently
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and good independent judgment.
- Strong team player that has a customer service approach and is solution oriented.
Note to External Recruiters: Our Human Resources department manages all open positions and candidate recruitment. We kindly ask that recruiters not contact employees or hiring managers directly to present candidates or solicit business. Please note that we will consider failure to comply with this request when determining whether to enter into a professional relationship with a recruiting agency. Please also note that submission of unsolicited resumes does not create any obligations for Shattuck Labs, implied or otherwise.