Shattuck Labs, Inc. (www.shattucklabs.com) is a clinical-stage biotechnology company pioneering the development of bi-functional fusion proteins as a new class of biologic medicine for the treatment of patients with cancer and autoimmune disease. Compounds derived from Shattuck’s proprietary Agonist Redirected Checkpoint, ARC®, platform simultaneously inhibit checkpoint molecules and activate costimulatory molecules within a single therapeutic. The company’s lead wholly owned program, SL-172154 (SIRPα-Fc-CD40L), which is designed to block the CD47 immune checkpoint and simultaneously agonize the CD40 pathway, is being evaluated in a Phase 1 trial. A second compound, SL-279252 (PD1-Fc-OX40L), is being evaluated in a Phase 1 trial in collaboration with Takeda Pharmaceuticals. Additionally, the company is advancing a proprietary Gamma Delta T Cell Engager, GADLEN™, platform, which is designed to bridge gamma delta T cells to tumor antigens for the treatment of patients with cancer. Shattuck has offices in both Austin, Texas and Durham, North Carolina.
About the Position
The Research Associate 3 - Bioanalytical Method Development and Validation will be responsible for the design, development and validation of a series of flow cytometry based receptor occupancy and immune phenotyping assays. In addition, the candidate will support the development of other cell-based potency, pharmacokinetic, pharmacodynamic, and immunogenicity assays; necessary to support non-clinical development of ARC therapeutics. This is a bench research position, but will also involve data analysis and presentation internally and at times to external CROs.
You will report to the Director of Translational Sciences, and work closely with the internal R&D team at Shattuck. This is a full-time position based in Research Triangle Park, NC. Shattuck will provide a competitive compensation and benefits package.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
- Design and execute: Flow Cytometry-based receptor occupancy and immune phenotyping assays; familiarity with multicolor flow, using the BD Fortessa and Melody platforms
- Design and execute: Mammalian cell-based potency assays using immortalized and primary cells. Platform experience with Incucyte or other time-lapse microscopy systems, Promega/DiscoverX reporter assays, and luminescence/fluorescence readouts
- Support the development and execution of pharmacokinetic, pharmacodynamic, and immunogenicity assays; using MSD, ELISA, Western blot platforms
- Interpret method development data from each of the above assays, evaluate performance in relevant matrix samples, then design and execute method validation activities for each assay
- Evaluate significance of data and report findings.
- Prepare study summaries, method protocols and/or reports.
- Facilitate method transfer to CROs
Required Qualifications and Skills
- The successful candidate will hold a degree in one of the following fields, or similar; Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Immunology, Analytical Biology/Chemistry
- B.S. degree, and candidates with M.S. encouraged to apply
- Direct experience on method development of bioanalytical assays using flow cytometry
- Direct experience with mammalian cell culture and reporter assay development
- Prior CRO or biotechnology/pharmaceutical experience preferred
- Proven ability to collaborate with other functional areas within the company
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with strong technical writing experience required.
- Able to multi-task productively, applying time management processes and procedures effectively for on time delivery.
- Technically capable of determining what is wrong in complex situations and offering potential solutions, identifying root cause of a problem and working with others to correct problems
- Speaks, writes, listens and presents information in a logical and articulate manner.
- Must enjoy working in collaboration with others and small teams to achieve goals through effective building of relationships with co-workers
- Candidate must be sharp, self-motivated, and able to thrive in a fast-paced dynamic biotech environment where flexibility, tolerability to rapid change, and drive to make a significant impact is essential
Note to External Recruiters: Our Human Resources department manages all open positions and candidate recruitment. We kindly ask that recruiters not contact employees or hiring managers directly to present candidates or solicit business. Please note that we will consider failure to comply with this request when determining whether to enter into a professional relationship with a recruiting agency. Please also note that submission of unsolicited resumes does not create any obligations for Shattuck Labs, implied or otherwise.