Reporting to the
Director of Process Development, the Scientist will work on downstream process
development and product analysis/characterization to further Shattuck Labs
development pipeline, some of which are anticipated to enter the clinic in the
near future. A successful candidate will be able to multitask effectively in
order to keep their independent projects moving at a rapid pace while also
contributing to the team environment which characterizes our R&D team. A
Shattuck mantra maintains that all employees must simultaneously be ‘head chef
and dishwasher’, and it is essential that this is embraced by all applicants.
No egos allowed!!!
· Downstream – support R&D activities by purifying materials using existing procedures. Screen new resins and other technologies for suitability in purifying existing and future molecules.
· Analytics – determine product quality by standard methods (HPLC, SDS-PAGE, host-cell protein analysis etc.).
· Participate in product development project teams and present updates on Process Development activities.
· Design and execute protocols to support process development activities.
· Position may require travel and periodic evening and weekend work, as necessary to meet project deadlines.
Qualifications and Requirements:
· BS 2-4 years or MS 0-2 years in a relevant discipline. Experience may be in academia or in the biotechnology/pharmaceutical industry.
· The ideal candidate will be experienced in some of the following:
o Depth filtration, TFF, precipitation.
o Chromatography methods for isolation of biologic molecules.
o Biochemical and biophysical analysis (e.g. HPLC, ELISA, Octet, SEC-MALS, SDS-PAGE)
· A successful candidate must possess exceptional attention to detail, organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills, and demonstrate critical thinking and problem-solving ability.
· Must have the ability to multi-task to meet critical deadlines and the independent initiative to solve interdisciplinary problems.
· Candidate must be sharp, self-motivated, and able to thrive in a fast-paced dynamic biotech environment where flexibility, tolerability to rapid change, and drive to make a significant impact is essential.
· Must enjoy working in collaboration with others and small teams to achieve goals through effective building of relationships with co-workers.
Note to External Recruiters: Our Human Resources department manages all open positions and candidate recruitment. We kindly ask that recruiters not contact employees or hiring managers directly to present candidates or solicit business. Please note that we will consider failure to comply with this request when determining whether to enter into a professional relationship with a recruiting agency. Please also note that submission of unsolicited resumes does not create any obligations for Shattuck Labs, implied or otherwise.