Shattuck Labs, Inc. (www.shattucklabs.com) is developing breakthrough therapies for immunotherapy, which harnesses the human immune system to improve survival for patients battling cancer and inflammatory disease. Shattuck has pioneered the development of dual-sided Fc fusion proteins with the Agonist Redirected Checkpoint (ARC) platform technology. Two compounds from the platform are currently being tested in clinical trials (SL-172154 and SL-279252). In multiple published studies, ARC therapeutics have significantly outperformed traditional antibody-based therapeutics, and we believe that the dual-functionality of the ARC platform positions our product candidates with best-in-class potential as compared to traditional antibody therapeutics. Over 300 product candidates have been generated from the ARC platform and are poised for IND-enabling studies. Shattuck’s R&D and clinical operations are based in Durham, NC, and its corporate offices are in Austin, Texas.
About the Position
Reporting to the Director of Process Development, the Scientist will be expected to work independently to biochemically and biophysically characterize ARCs, and execute pre-formulation and formulation development studies. Specifically, the Scientist will be responsible for developing stability indicating assays/spectroscopic techniques to develop/support stable product formulation and to further characterize the tertiary and quaternary structures of the candidate macromolecules. A successful candidate will be able to multitask effectively in order to keep their independent projects moving at a rapid pace while also contributing to the team environment which characterizes our R&D team.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
· Macromolecular analysis
· Pre-formulation and formulation development
· Assay development
· Accelerated stability studies
· Participate in product development project teams and present updates on process development activities
· Design and execute protocols to support process development activities
· Position may require travel and periodic evening and weekend work, as necessary to meet project deadlines and support bioreactor operations
· BS 2-4 years or MS 0-2 years in a relevant discipline. Experience should be in the biotechnology/pharmaceutical industry.
· The ideal candidate will be experienced in some of the following:
o Pre-formulation and formulation development
o Assay development
o Spectroscopy (UV-Visible, FTIR, CD, Fluorescence)
o Stability studies
· A successful candidate must possess exceptional attention to detail, organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills, and demonstrate critical thinking and problem solving ability.
· Must have the ability to multi-task to meet critical deadlines and the independent initiative to solve interdisciplinary problems.
· Candidate must be sharp, self-motivated, and able to thrive in a fast-paced dynamic biotech environment where flexibility, tolerability to rapid change, and drive to make a significant impact is essential.
· Must enjoy working in collaboration with others and small teams to achieve goals through effective building of relationships with co-workers.
Note to External Recruiters: Our Human Resources department manages all open positions and candidate recruitment. We kindly ask that recruiters not contact employees or hiring managers directly to present candidates or solicit business. Please note that we will consider failure to comply with this request when determining whether to enter into a professional relationship with a recruiting agency. Please also note that submission of unsolicited resumes does not create any obligations for Shattuck Labs, implied or otherwise.