Reporting to the R&D leadership team, the Scientist will be expected to work independently to design, execute and publish on independent research projects in the field of immunology. In addition, the Scientist will support the planning, development and execution of pre-clinical assays for validating Shattuck products that are anticipated to enter the clinic in the near future. Shattuck is seeking applicants who have demonstrated a record of first-author publications in peer-reviewed journals, who have a record of presenting abstracts and talks at related conferences, and who may complement the current Shattuck team through cross-fertilization with novel skills and methods. A successful candidate will be able to multitask effectively in order to keep their independent projects moving at a rapid pace while also contributing to the team environment which characterizes our R&D team. A Shattuck mantra maintains that all employees must simultaneously be ‘head chef and dishwasher’, and it is essential that this is embraced by all applicants. No ego’s allowed!!!
- Must be highly independent in the design and execution of laboratory studies, and equally important, in the interpretation and presentation of data generated
- Molecular characterization of new ARC candidates; experience with ELISA, Western blot, PCR, DNA transformation/bacterial cell culture, Octet, SEC-MALS, luciferase reporter assays, live-cell imaging, Luminex, and flow cytometry/FACS
- Cell culture (mammalian - adherent and suspension); sterile technique, primary cell culture, and transfection
- Mouse handling; tumor measurements, and ability to perform IP/IV/SC injections are a plus.
- Computer proficiency; MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Graphpad Prism, Flowjo, etc
- Interact with multiple colleagues in a dynamic environment. Be willing to take on new projects outside the ‘normal’ course of business. Be highly motivated.
- Co-author technical documentation (abstracts and manuscripts) from basic pre-clinical development
- Analytical experience is a plus (HPLC, SEC, AUC, etc) – ability to design reproducible assays for deployment at CRO/CMO/3rd party facilities.
- Collect and analyze data and maintain compliant records of laboratory research; diligent protocol documentation and record keeping is mandatory
- In addition, the Postdoc will contribute to the overall operation and maintenance of the lab; including tasks such as lab organization, ordering and stocking of reagents/supplies, equipment maintenance, mouse colony management.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Ph.D. in Cancer Biology/Immunology or related field
- Candidates with ≥3 years of hands-on academic or industry postdoc experience are encouraged to apply
- A successful candidate must possess exceptional attention to detail, organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills, and demonstrate critical thinking and problem solving ability.
- Must have the ability to multi-task to meet critical deadlines and the independent initiative to solve interdisciplinary problems.
- Candidate must be sharp, self-motivated, and able to thrive in a fast-paced dynamic biotech environment where flexibility, tolerability to rapid change, and drive to make a significant impact is essential.
enjoy working in collaboration with others and small teams to achieve goals
through effective building of relationships with co-workers.
Benefits & Perks:
- Paid holidays and generous PTO policy
- Medical, Dental, Vision and 401(k) policy
- Collaborative and energetic work environment with other motivated, career-driven professionals