Reporting to the Director of Process Development, the Process Development Scientist will be expected to work independently to execute and optimize downstream and analytical process activities. Specifically, the Scientist will be responsible for purifying and analyzing biologic proteins using affinity chromatography methods, HPLC methods, TFF, ELISA, PAGE and CE methods, and binding affinity studies. A successful candidate will be able to multitask effectively in order to keep their independent projects moving at a rapid pace while also contributing to the team environment which characterizes our R&D team. A Shattuck mantra maintains that all employees must simultaneously be ‘head chef and dishwasher’, and it is essential that this is embraced by all applicants. No ego’s allowed!!!
- Downstream – purify material using existing procedures. Screen new resins and other technologies for suitability in purifying existing and future molecules.
- Analytics – determine product quality by standard methods (HPLC, SDS-PAGE, host-cell protein analysis etc.).
- Third-party manufacturer management – when required the candidate may need to interact with CDMO’s and with Shattuck’s Quality and Regulatory groups to transfer processes and to assist with IND-related activities.
- Assist with review of batch records from manufacturing activities; analytical release testing, stability studies and investigations, as required.
- Participate in product development project teams and present updates on Process Development activities.
- Design and execute protocols to support process development activities.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- BS 2-4 years or MS 0-2 years in a relevant discipline. Experience may be in academia or in the biotechnology/pharmaceutical industry.
- The ideal candidate will be experienced in some of the following:
- Cell culture and bioreactor systems for small-scale protein production.
- Depth filtration, TFF, precipitation.
- Chromatography methods for isolation of biologic molecules.
- Biochemical and biophysical analysis (e.g. HPLC, ELISA, Octet, SEC-MALS, SDS-PAGE)
- A successful candidate must possess exceptional attention to detail, organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills, and demonstrate critical thinking and problem solving ability.
- Must have the ability to multi-task to meet critical deadlines and the independent initiative to solve interdisciplinary problems.
- Candidate must be sharp, self-motivated, and able to thrive in a fast-paced dynamic biotech environment where flexibility, tolerability to rapid change, and drive to make a significant impact is essential.
enjoy working in collaboration with others and small teams to achieve goals
through effective building of relationships with co-workers.
Benefits & Perks:
- Paid holidays and generous PTO policy
- Medical, Dental, Vision and 401(k) policy
- Collaborative and energetic work environment with other motivated, career-driven professionals