The Project Director oversees project development efforts for preclinical and clinical candidates. Is responsible for developing and managing strategic project plans from early development to regulatory approval and beyond. Coordinates and develops annual project budgets. Provides input into strategic planning, development processes, critical path issues/solutions, resource management, and project management from conception through development cycle. Drives execution across multiple cross-functional areas including manufacturing, clinical, regulatory, finance while working with internal and external team members and stakeholders. Responsible for reporting project status to management team. Collaborates with internal and external team members and stakeholders to assure integration of project, company, and functional goals towards achieving project milestones and timetables. Identifies issues that may delay product or project and recommends appropriate action to be taken. Supports overall team function in their strategic function. As the company expands, there is likely to be managerial responsibility for new project manager/s. A successful candidate will be able to multitask effectively in order to keep their independent projects moving at a rapid pace while also contributing to the team environment which characterizes our team. A Shattuck mantra maintains that all employees must simultaneously be ‘head chef and dishwasher’, and it is essential that this is embraced by all applicants. No ego’s allowed!!!
· Develop and execute detailed, high quality, integrated cross-functional project plans to ensure projects deliver within budget, in scope and on time.
· Establish and implement project management processes and methodologies required for product development through the life cycle, including project planning, resource planning, project scheduling and interaction with relevant individuals (internal and external) to accomplish project goals.
· Create and utilize appropriate planning tools to ensure accountability throughout the company and with external collaborators.
· Coordinates cross-functional budget, working with key stakeholders and finance. Utilizes and implements cost models to support projects and business growth strategies. Plan and direct schedules and monitor budget/spending.
· Apply project management best practices in the development, initiation, planning, execution, control and closing of projects.
· Provide clear direction on product development requirements to meet expectations of external customers and business stakeholders.
· Ensure responsibilities are understood, risks are
identified, progress is measured and plans are updated and adapted as necessary.
Identify and escalate project obstacles and risks and make recommendation to
mitigate, troubleshoot and resolve issues.
- BS/MS/PhD in life sciences, MBA degree is preferred. Minimum of 8-years of experience in a pharmaceutical or biotechnology environment with increasing responsibility in project management, PMP certification, track record of project management leadership, drug development experience across functions
- MS Project expertise
- A successful candidate must possess exceptional attention to detail, organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills, and demonstrate critical thinking and problem solving ability.
- Must have the ability to multi-task to meet critical deadlines and the independent initiative to solve interdisciplinary problems.
- Candidate must be sharp, self-motivated, and able to thrive in a fast-paced dynamic biotech environment where flexibility, tolerability to rapid change, and drive to make a significant impact is essential.
- Must enjoy working in collaboration with others and small teams to achieve goals through effective building of relationships with co-workers.
Benefits & Perks:
- Paid holidays and generous PTO policy
- Medical, Dental, Vision and 401(k) policy
- Collaborative and energetic work environment with other motivated, career-driven professionals