What we do
Since 1973, the Boston Area Rape Crisis Center (BARCC) has been a leader in the movement to end sexual violence. BARCC empowers survivors of sexual violence to heal and provides education and advocacy for the social change needed to create cultures that prevent sexual violence. We rely on our dedicated, brilliant staff to do this important work, and our team is growing!
BARCC is seeking a Development Operations Coordinator to lead and assist with work integral to the Development team’s success, including donation processing, data management, prospect research, and individual giving and events support. This is a full-time position that reports to the Development Director. This role is the glue of the Development team and provides support in collaboration with our Data department to leverage data to strategically meet and exceed our fundraising goals.
Where and when you’ll work
BARCC's staff, operations, hours, and locations vary by function, type of work, and work style. You’ll primarily work from our Cambridge office, located at 99 Bishop Allen Drive.
This is a 40-hour, full-time position. You can expect to work regularly Monday through Friday with occasional evening and weekend hours around fundraising and stewardship events. BARCC is open to discussing options such as flexibility in scheduling and occasional remote work.
What you’ll do
- Maintain the Development team database, SalesForce, ensuring accurate and timely data entry, gift processing, and regular data maintenance, including removal of duplicate records, investigating outdated addresses, etc.
- Provide general administrative support to the Development team, ensuring that team members have the information and resources needed to raise funds.
- Collaborate with the Development Director and finance team to accurately reconcile revenue.
- Create briefings for the development team in preparation for donor meetings, events, and fundraising activities.
- Track campaign results and progress made toward annual fundraising goals.
- Serve as primary project manager for tracking event registrations for two major annual fundraising events, as well as stewardship events.
- Act as lead staff member for event-day registration and data entry for fundraising events.
- Coordinate online monthly giving program.
- Coordinate and maintain Amazon Wish List.
- Be an ambassador of the organization, reflecting the values of teamwork, collaboration, inclusivity, and mutual respect.
- Provide support on other projects as needed.
- At least two or three years of related administrative and fundraising program support experience.
- Experience with fundraising software and databases, such as SalesForce or Raiser’s Edge.
- Understanding of fundraising principles and best practices.
- Strong attention to detail, data entry, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to execute project tasks and collaborate with a team to drive work forward.
- Desire to learn fundraising and stewardship practices.
- Proficiency in the functional use of Excel and the capability to learn new software applications and technologies in database management.
- Technology savvy with strong working knowledge of Google Suite and cloud-based tools, databases, and systems.
- The ability to easily build and maintain relationships and the desire to work collaboratively, effectively, and respectfully with diverse audiences.
- Intrinsic motivation to support others.
What we offer
- The opportunity to make meaningful change and improve the lives of others through mission-driven work, at all levels of the organization.
- The most compassionate, supportive, and fun-loving colleagues around—who will shower you with warm welcomes, funny memes, and regular shout-outs for your contributions.
- An investment in your health, well-being, and professional development through competitive benefit offerings, generous time off policies, professional development funds and opportunities, and ongoing improvements to proactively manage vicarious trauma.
Starting salary range and benefits
$44,000–$48,000 starting salary, depending on experience and skills. The total compensation package includes a generous benefits package, including health, dental, vacation, sick time, retirement savings, and other coverage options that you can view at barcc.org/jobs.
Hiring process and timeline
Please submit via our online application system your resume and cover letter stating your interest and related experience to be considered for this position. No phone calls please. We are accepting initial applications through September 2, 2019, but the opportunity will remain online and open until we find the best fit possible. The full hiring process will include a phone-screen interview, first-round in-person interview, skills assessment, and final team interview. Reasonable accommodation provided upon request.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
For more information about BARCC, please visit barcc.org.