What we do
Since 1973, the Boston Area Rape Crisis Center (BARCC) has been a leader in the movement to end sexual violence. BARCC empowers survivors of sexual violence to heal and provides education and advocacy for the social change needed to create cultures that prevent sexual violence. We rely on our dedicated, brilliant staff to do this important work, and our team is growing!
Our Development team is looking for a new full-time Development Coordinator. You’ll work closely with the Development Director, External Relations Senior Director, and other colleagues and stakeholders to support our donor database (Salesforce), help the team make data-informed decisions, provide administrative support for donor relations and fundraising efforts, and further BARCC’s mission of ending sexual violence through healing and social change. This role is the glue of the Development team and provides support in collaboration with our Data department to leverage data to strategically meet and exceed our fundraising goals.
Where and when you’ll work
BARCC's staff, operations, hours, and location vary by function, type of work, and work style. You’ll primarily work from our Cambridge office, located at 99 Bishop Allen Drive.
This is a 40-hour, full time position. You can expect to work regularly Monday through Friday with occasional evening and weekend hours around fundraising and stewardship events. BARCC is open to discussing options such as flexibility in scheduling and occasional remote work.
What you’ll do
- Provide general administrative support to the Development team, ensuring that team members have the information and resources needed to raise funds to support survivors.
- Process and record donations, ensuring accurate data entry and acknowledgment letter mailing.
- Ensure accurate and timely data entry in fundraising database, running regular team reports.
- Collaborate with the Data team to manage daily database maintenance, including removal of duplicate records, investigating outdated addresses, etc.
- Develop proficiency in Salesforce database to be the primary resource for fundraising-related database questions and requests.
- Collaborate with the Development Director and finance team to accurately reconcile revenue.
- Create briefings for the leadership team in preparation for donor meetings, events, and fundraising activities.
- Track, analyze, and report on campaign results and progress made toward annual fundraising goals.
- Serve as primary project manager for tracking event registrations for two major annual fundraising events, as well as stewardship events.
- Serve as primary project manager for merchandise sales for the Development team.
- Act as lead staff member for event-day registration and data entry for fundraising events.
- Be an ambassador of the organization, reflecting the values of teamwork, collaboration, inclusivity, and mutual respect.
- Provide support on other projects as needed.
- Minimum of two to three years of related administrative and data entry experience.
- Understanding of fundraising principles and best practices and experience with fundraising databases. Working knowledge of Salesforce preferred.
- Strong attention to detail, and data entry and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to execute project tasks and collaborate with a team to drive work forward.
- Desire to learn fundraising and stewardship practices.
- Capability to learn new software applications and technologies in database management. Excellent skills in the functional use of Excel.
- Technology savvy with strong working knowledge of Google Suite and cloud-based tools, databases, and systems.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability and desire to work collaboratively, effectively, and respectfully with diverse audiences.
- Desire and enthusiasm to grow and gain skills in coordinating initiatives, such as Denim Days, matching gifts, cell phone drives, and independent fundraising events.
- Intrinsically motivated to support others.
What we offer
- The opportunity to make meaningful change and improve the lives of others through mission-driven work, at all levels of the organization.
- The most compassionate, supportive, and fun-loving colleagues around—who will shower you with warm welcomes, funny memes, and regular shout-outs for your contributions.
- An investment in your health, well-being, and professional development through competitive benefit offerings, generous time off policies, dedication to mental health and proactively managing vicarious trauma, and professional development funds and opportunities.
Starting salary range and benefits
$40,000–$44,000 starting salary, depending on experience and skills. The total compensation package includes a generous benefits package, including health, dental, vacation, sick time, and other coverage options.
Hiring process and timeline
Please submit via our online application system your resume and cover letter stating your interest and related experience to be considered for this position. No phone calls please. We are accepting initial applications through November 12, but the opportunity will remain open until we find the best fit possible. The full hiring process will include a phone-screen interview, first-round in-person interview, skills assessment, and final team interview. Reasonable accommodation provided upon request.
At BARCC, we don’t just accept difference—we celebrate it and are always building a more inclusive and diverse work environment.
BARCC strives to represent the communities we serve. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
For more information about BARCC, please visit barcc.org.