CAMP4 is leveraging a proprietary gene regulation platform to discover medicines to treat a broad range of diseases. We are seeking a Data Scientist, Bioinformatics to utilize state-of-the-art computational tools and develop novel methods and strategies to filter and distill multi-dimensional genomics data sets to generate focused hypotheses to drive target identification/validation and drug discovery. In this role you will work closely with experimental biologists and data scientists to model a network of signal transduction pathways and minimize the mismatch between model predictions and experimental genomic data by applying network optimization algorithms.
In this role you will
· Curate existing data sets, integrate with in-house multi-tera-byte data, build and validate networks of signaling controls active in diverse cell-types, closing gaps in state-of-the-art characterization compared to publicly available knowledge sources (e.g. IPA®, KEGG, Open Targets, etc)
· Devise dynamic and spatial data capture and representation conventions useful for a diverse set of CAMP4 users
· Refine the accuracy of the models by use of statistical and machine learning algorithms, to be tested by experimentalists in-house and used to refine the models in real-time
· Providing conceptual input into analysis plans (approaches and design) and engage in cross-functional discussions to refine plans and identify key priorities
· Completing bioinformatics data analysis as specified by analysis plans, visualize and provide interpretation and context to results of analysis
· Identifying, evaluate, and apply new methodologies and emerging technologies, and develop software tools when appropriate to enable target identification
· Demonstrating an exceptional work ethic by taking the initiative and working with a sense of urgency to discover breakthrough medicines that will improve patients’ lives, collaborate and share ideas with the rest of the team, and challenge the status quo
Who you are
· Ph.D. in Bioinformatics, Computer Science, Computational Biology, Genetics, Systems Biology, or related discipline
· Recognized excellence as evidenced from top-tier peer-reviewed publications and strong references
· Required to demonstrate experience in biological pathways, optimizing signaling networks using genome-wide methodologies (eg RNA-seq) and systems biology
· Strong understanding of cellular and molecular biology with extensive experience in next generation sequencing (NGS) analysis of DNA (ChIP-seq, ATAC-seq), and gene expression (RNA-seq)
· Strong background in statistics and knowledge of statistical programming techniques and languages (e.g., R, Python, Java, etc.).
· Demonstrated effectiveness using common machine learning approaches and scientific data analysis packages (e.g. scikit-learn, bioconductor, pathways analysis, MLlib, etc.)
· Comfort and proficiency in UNIX/HPC systems and experience using cloud compute (AWS, GC, Azure) and large-scale data processing frameworks (e.g. Apache Spark)
· Enthusiasm, passion, attention to detail, being able to work in close collaboration with experimental scientists, and a desire to create new medicines for patients
Founded in 2016 and focused on a core mission of realizing a world with ‘an effective treatment option for every patient, CAMP4 Therapeutics evolved from seminal discoveries made by company founders Dr. Richard Young and Dr. Leonard Zon, characterizing the ways in which dynamic cell signaling networks control the expression of genes. Operating at the intersection of genomics, computational biology, and data sciences, CAMP4 has extended this foundational work, creating a unique Gene Circuitry PlatformTM to amplify the value of cellular and genetic insights to better understand how genes are controlled by signaling pathways in specific disease states. By generating proprietary 4D maps, CAMP4 can identify de-risked druggable targets, produce actionable insights, and improve therapeutic predictability, potentially addressing hundreds of diseases and benefiting millions of patients globally.