CAMP4 is leveraging a proprietary gene regulation platform to discover medicines to treat a broad range of diseases. We are seeking a Data Scientist, Computational Biology to utilize state-of-the-art computational tools and develop novel methods and strategies to filter and distill multi-dimensional genomics datasets to generate focused hypotheses to drive target identification/validation and drug discovery. You will work closely with experimental biologists and data scientists to advance the evidentiary and predictive principles of transcriptional mechanisms responsible for investigational compounds’ effects on disease gene expression across cell-types, modalities and therapeutic areas.
In this role you will
· Investigate the transcriptional mechanism underlying the therapeutic effects of pre-clinical candidates developed for a variety of therapeutic areas, including liver, muscle, heart, kidney, brain and immune disorders
· Integrate multi-dimensional data types capturing the dynamic and spatial complexity of transcriptional regulation across relevant conditions, stimulation and treatment paradigms
· Collaborate closely with experimental and data science colleagues to guide mechanism-driven drug development, including in the context of biotech collaborations and publications
· Providing conceptual input into analysis plans (approaches and design) and engage in cross-functional discussions to refine plans and identify key priorities
· Completing computational data analysis as specified by analysis plans, visualize and provide interpretation and context to results of analysis
· Identifying, evaluate, and apply new methodologies and emerging technologies, and develop software tools when appropriate to enable target identification
· Demonstrating an exceptional work ethic by taking the initiative and working with a sense of urgency to discover breakthrough medicines that will improve patients’ lives, collaborate and share ideas with the rest of the team, and challenge the status quo
Who you are
· Ph.D. in Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, Genomics, Genetics, or related discipline
· Recognized excellence as evidenced from top-tier peer-reviewed publications and strong references
· Strong understanding of cellular and molecular biology with extensive experience in next generation sequencing (NGS) analysis of DNA (bulk and single-cell ChIP-seq, ATAC-seq) RNA (bulk and single-cell RNA-seq), and nascent transcription (GRO-seq/PRO-seq).
· Knowledge of statistical programming techniques and languages (e.g., R, Python, Java, etc.).
· Experience working with Linux environment, high performance computing clusters, and cloud computing
· Enthusiasm, passion, attention to detail, being able to work in close collaboration with experimental scientists, and a desire to create new medicines for patients
Founded in 2016 and focused on a core mission of realizing a world with ‘an effective treatment option for every patient, CAMP4 Therapeutics evolved from seminal discoveries made by company founders Dr. Richard Young and Dr. Leonard Zon, characterizing the ways in which dynamic cell signaling networks control the expression of genes. Operating at the intersection of genomics, computational biology, and data sciences, CAMP4 has extended this foundational work, creating a unique Gene Circuitry PlatformTM to amplify the value of cellular and genetic insights to better understand how genes are controlled by signaling pathways in specific disease states. By generating proprietary 4D maps, CAMP4 can identify de-risked druggable targets, produce actionable insights, and improve therapeutic predictability, potentially addressing hundreds of diseases and benefiting millions of patients globally.