CATALOG is a well-funded, rapidly expanding, Boston-based start -up on a mission to preserve and compute on the world’s most valuable data. We are growing our team to build CATALOG’s DNA-based data storage and computation platform. We are looking for a motivated Scientist with a background in synthetic biology to join our interdisciplinary team of biologists, engineers, and computer scientists to design novel storage and computing architectures and translate them into scalable read/write operations. As part of the newly established Future Technologies group, you will help to build and evaluate novel synthetic biology strategies that help realize the world’s first DNA storage and computing platform.
You’re enthusiastic about:
- Thinking outside the box and learning whilst building new tools and technologies with molecular biology and chemistry
- Joining a supportive and collegial team with a growth mindset
- Teaching and learning from colleagues of diverse backgrounds
What you will do:
- Support R&D teams in creating and optimizing methods for synthesizing, sort, modify and reading DNA molecules
- Evaluate new technologies in a data-driven way
- Validate and perform DNA-based assays at the bench (DNA purification, PCR, qPCR, NGS, etc.)
- Invent new methods for assembling, manipulating and sequencing DNA
- Analyze data, present findings, and contribute new ideas to our IP portfolio
Required soft skills:
- Quick learner who is excited by a fast-pacedp environment
- Dependable team player with strong communication and exceptional documentation skills
- Creative and proactive problem solver
- MS in biochemistry, molecular/synthetic biology or a related field, or BA/BS with at least 2 years of wet lab experience in an industry setting
- Experience in NGS library preparation, qPCR and DNA purification preferred
A career at CATALOG will challenge you to think critically and work creatively in order to conquer new problems in an unexplored and groundbreaking field. To do this, we must build an inclusive team with different points of view. CATALOG supports and celebrates diversity in our workforce. We provide competitive compensation packages and benefits including medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k) with company matching, and unlimited PTO.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.