SITE SELECTION MANAGER, INTERSECT ILLINOIS
About Intersect Illinois
Intersect Illinois is a nonproﬁt economic development organization that facilitates the attraction of new businesses and markets the state to domestic and global business leaders. Intersect Illinois’ mission is to bring jobs and investment to the state of Illinois through dynamic collaborations with industry, academic, and government partners and to support a unified approach to economic development. A public-private partnership, Intersect’s board of directors includes business and civic leaders representing the state’s diverse industries, geographies and communities.
Intersect works directly with companies interested in exploring Illinois for their next relocation or expansion project. With its network of partners, including the Illinois Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity, Intersect Illinois is committed to providing companies and site selection professionals with the information and resources to make investment decisions. Bringing a fresh approach to economic development, Intersect Illinois is comprised of a diverse team with deep domain experience, adapting best-in-class processes and procedures to build long-term relationships. Intersect Illinois operates with the highest integrity and key values, which include being consistent, responsive, professional, and connected while always acting with a sense of urgency to deliver continuity, trust, integrity and accountability to the process of business attraction and expansion.
Business Development Team
The business development team at Intersect Illinois is responsible for bringing business opportunities to Illinois and managing the pipeline of projects to completion. The team works to promote Illinois’ assets and provide information to prospective companies that may relocate or expand in the state. The business development team is a primary point of contact for companies making location decisions, and works closely with site consultants, brokers, corporate end users, local economic development offices and communities, utilities and other strategic partners. The team collaborates with State economic development leadership on major projects requiring programmatic support including incentives and grants.
The Site Selection Manager manages several business development projects to completion, including leading project calls, communicating with local and state government stakeholders, organizing site visits, following up with consultants and clients and reporting outcomes through an internal CRM system. The manager reports to the Vice President of Business Development and supervises/works closely with the Business Development Associate to make sure projects are managed with the highest quality and efficiency.
• Collaborate with State and local economic development partners to develop RFI responses for corporate end users and site selection consultants
• Work with local economic development partners on site visits and other relevant follow-ups to support statewide site selection efforts
• Gather and deliver relevant data to end users in collaboration with research and marketing teams
• Manage relationships with real estate brokers, consultants, economic development organizations, communities, utility and transportation partners
• Understand and utilize relevant tools/techniques to meet specific client requirements such as business case, pricing, and financial analysis
• Track projects and run reports on CRM system
• Perform specials projects and duties as assigned
• Some domestic (primarily intra-state) travel required
• Oversee and evaluate performance of Business Development Associate, as needed and appropriate
• Functional knowledge: strong business connections and network; experience in identifying potential clients and cultivating strong relationships with new clients, while maintaining existing client relationships; proficiency in site development, utility and transportation infrastructure evaluation and economic development
• Proficient in: deep understanding and knowledge of real estate and site development, utilities and transportation infrastructure
• Experience: minimum 3 years of experience as site selection consultant or in economic development managing relocation/expansion projects
• Experience with company outreach and developing leads is a plus
• Attributes: detail-oriented, excellent interpersonal written and oral communication skills with ability to engage effectively with various levels of management, staff and clients; team player with ability to work on multiple projects at one time in a fast-paced environment while meeting deadlines
• Skills/knowledge: understanding of the Illinois economy and business community; understanding of global location and site benchmarking, talent market benchmarking and evaluations, location operating conditions screening, country comparative risk analysis, variable operating cost modeling and business case development
• Degree: Bachelor’s degree in business administration, economics, social sciences or related field required; Master’s degree in business management or business administration and/or project management certificate preferred