DIRECTOR OF MARKETING, INTERSECT ILLINOIS
About Intersect Illinois
Intersect Illinois is a nonproﬁt economic development organization that facilitates the attraction of new businesses and markets the state to domestic and global business leaders.
Intersect Illinois’ mission is to bring jobs and investment to the state of Illinois through dynamic collaborations with industry, academic, and government partners and to support a unified approach to economic development. A public-private partnership, Intersect’s board of directors includes business and civic leaders representing the state’s diverse industries, geographies and communities.
Intersect works directly with companies interested in exploring Illinois for their next relocation or expansion project. With its network of partners, including the Illinois Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity, Intersect Illinois is committed to providing companies and site selection professionals with the information and resources to make investment decisions.
Bringing a fresh approach to economic development, Intersect Illinois is comprised of a diverse team with deep domain experience, adapting best-in-class processes and procedures to build long-term relationships.
Intersect Illinois operates with the highest integrity and key values, which include being consistent, responsive, professional, and connected while always acting with a sense of urgency to deliver continuity, trust, integrity and accountability to the process of business attraction and expansion.
The marketing team at Intersect Illinois is responsible for effectively communicating and marketing the state’s brand and the organization’s mission to bring new jobs, investment and economic prosperity to Illinois. The department works to develop communication to ensure that Illinois is top of mind for companies making location decisions, and that Intersect Illinois is known as a key partner and resource for doing business throughout the state. The team works to educate and collaborate with partners across the state so they are familiar with Intersect Illinois and the services it provides.
The Director of Marketing reports to the CEO and manages a team that includes design and content managers. The director is responsible for brand management, marketing strategy planning and execution (including material and content development and paid media planning), tracking, analyzing and utilizing results to continuously elaborate on plans. The Director of Marketing also acts a spokesperson for the organization and liaison to marketing partners throughout the state.
• Oversee marketing department (including design, content and social media)
• Build the Intersect Illinois brand and develop plan for brand awareness
• Develop, execute and evaluate the marketing strategy and plan (including earned and paid media placement)
• Serve as communications/media relations contact for the organization
• Work closely with business development, corporate relations, events and research teams in order to seamlessly promote the work and research produced by the organization
• Identify new and innovative channels and outlets for communication
• Develop budgets and determine return on investments
• Functional knowledge: experience in marketing communication and leading a marketing team; proven experience directing marketing campaigns; an understanding of economic development landscape and business attraction and retention
• Proficient in: written and oral communications, budget creation and management, digital marketing, earned and paid media planning
• Experience: 7 years of marketing experience with at least 3 years of experience managing a team
• Attributes: creative and detail-oriented, excellent interpersonal written and oral communication skills, effective time management skills with strong ability to multitask, team player with strong management skills, ability to work on multiple projects at one time in a fast-paced environment
• Skills/knowledge: deep understanding of (and interest in) the Illinois economy and business community; familiarity in place marketing welcomed
• Degree: Bachelor’s in marketing, communications, journalism or related field required; Master’s degree preferred
Please send resume and cover letter to: https://app.trinethire.com/companies/811-intersect-illinois/jobs/23826-director-of-marketing