DIRECTOR OF CORPORATE RELATIONS, INTERSECT ILLINOIS
About Intersect Illinois
Intersect Illinois is a nonproﬁt economic development organization that facilitates the attraction of new businesses and markets the state to domestic and global business leaders. Intersect Illinois’ mission is to bring jobs and investment to the state of Illinois through dynamic collaborations with industry, academic, and government partners and to support a unified approach to economic development. A public-private partnership, Intersect’s board of directors includes business and civic leaders representing the state’s diverse industries, geographies and communities.
Intersect works directly with companies interested in exploring Illinois for their next relocation or expansion project. With its network of partners, including the Illinois Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity, Intersect Illinois is committed to providing companies and site selection professionals with the information and resources to make investment decisions. Bringing a fresh approach to economic development, Intersect Illinois is comprised of a diverse team with deep domain experience, adapting best-in-class processes and procedures to build long-term relationships. Intersect Illinois operates with the highest integrity and key values, which include being consistent, responsive, professional, and connected while always acting with a sense of urgency to deliver continuity, trust, integrity and accountability to the process of business attraction and expansion.
Corporate Relations Team
The corporate relations team at Intersect Illinois is responsible for developing, strengthening and leveraging private sector networks to execute on the organization's mission of job creation and economic growth in Illinois. The team is responsible for managing partnerships and relationships with Intersect Illinois’ corporate stakeholders, leading engagement of the organization’s board of directors, setting and executing the private fundraising strategy for the organization and expanding the organization’s statewide network of corporate partners and supporters.
The Director of Corporate Relations reports to the CEO and manages a team that includes a development associate. This newly created role in the growing organization is responsible for communicating the organization’s value proposition to prospective and current corporate partners, recruiting and engaging the board of directors, and establishing and growing strategic partnership with utilities, trade associations and other entities that can help support the organization’s mission of growth in Illinois.
• Oversee corporate relations team
• Develop and execute fundraising strategy for organization and major events
• Grow and constantly refresh network of partners and funders in order to secure private sector financial support for the organization
• Develop and maintain regular communication channels and cadence with board members and other key corporate stakeholders to provide market intelligence and insight into the strategic direction of the organization
• Work with the Manager of Special Events to plan and manage events, as needed, to maintain the organization’s reputation as an industry thought leader
• Develop and oversee implementation of donor database and fundraising tracking system
• Functional knowledge: experience in fundraising, corporate partnerships, and or sales; leadership experience managing a fundraising or sales team; proven experience in organizational, event or campaign fundraising; an understanding of economic development landscape and business attraction and retention
• Proficient in: written and oral communications, utilizing a CRM or other system of fundraising tracking and management, event planning, relationship management
• Experience: 7 years of development, fundraising or sales experience with at least 3 years of experience managing a team; executive relationship management
• Attributes: detail-oriented, excellent interpersonal written and oral communication skills, effective time management skills with strong ability to multitask, team player with strong management skills, ability to work on multiple projects at one time in a fast-paced environment
• Skills/knowledge: deep understanding of (and interest in) of the Illinois economy and business community; familiarity in place marketing welcomed
• Degree: Bachelor’s in business, marketing, nonprofit management or related field required; Master’s degree in relevant field preferred
Please send resume and cover letter to: https://app.trinethire.com/companies/811-intersect-illinois/jobs/23824-director-of-corporate-relations